Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Cursed (Touched Part 1) by S.A. Archer

Synopsis (Goodreads):
As a private investigator specializing in paranormal problems, London Eyer thought she could handle working for the Sidhe. They couldn’t be any worse than vampires or werewolves or wizards, could they? Oh, how wrong she was. One ‘Touch’ of Sidhe magic and she was cursed. Her only chance to survive is to serve the creep that cursed her against the vicious Changelings out for his blood.
My Thoughts: *sits up* Oh, now this one was fun. Fun with a capital F. Fun like the way I imagine people living amongst Vampires the Sidhe would have fun. Well, maybe not so much that last one. I mean, I don't think *I'd* want to be cursed the way London's been cursed. And I don't think I'd last long in her world. I'm wimpy like that. But, oh, did I enjoy reading about her.

London is a strong woman and this curse lays her low. Its physical repercussions are a blow to someone who prides herself on being in charge of a situation. As an added bonus, she's being forced to do something that she might not have done otherwise. I say 'might' because London is a complicated woman and she just might have taken the job anyway.

A fascinating world populated with intriguing and sometimes creepy creatures, London's problems are just beginning. I can't wait to see what happens next.

More books by S.A. Archer

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cursed was provided by the author for review.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. And I like private investigators. Also. ALSO. I just giggled and #GutterPass'd myself on "private investigator". Bahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a #GutterPass-ing dork. It's not wonder we get along so well.

      Delete
  2. Well, I clicked reply and this happened. *\o/*
    I kinda love these threaded comments. IT'S ABOUT TIME, BLOGGER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I *know* something is weird, because the reply buttons works on a different blog, but not on YOURS. Why does your blog hate me? I leave comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably afraid of you. You are a cannibalistic serial killer, you know.

      Delete
  4. *takes out knife* *pets it* *glares at non-functioning reply button*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gathers reply button close and glares at you* Stop scaring them! They'll never work for you if you do that!

      Delete