Friday, January 25, 2013

Review: Glitches by Marissa Meyer

Glitches (Lunar Chronicles #0.5) by Marissa Meyer
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In “Glitches,” a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch...
My Thoughts: Ooh. I really, really liked this. It gave us a nice glimpse of Cinder before the events in book 1. Her life would have taken such a different turn if Garan hadn't caught the plague. Of course, then it wouldn't have continued in the vein of the Cinderella story and it would have lost a big chunk of its charm, but STILL!

Cinder's differences, her stepmother's blind hatred toward her just because she's a cyborg, Peony's sweetness, and the circumstances that wrack the family all come together to add depth to the events in book 1. Frankly, I love this series and all the little tweaks we're getting on an old classic.


Books in this series
0.5. Glitches - Kindle
1. Cinder
1.5. The Queen's Army
2. Scarlet 
3. Cress
4. Winter

Author Links
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you told me about this book. So good! I want more. (Also, I can't wait until you read Scarlet!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I loved it. It was the perfect accompaniment to Cinder's story.

      I think I'm going to pre-order Scarlet today. It comes out so sooooooon.

      Delete