It's that time again! Time to polish up your blog until it shines!
*Still going strong on crossposting new reviews to Amazon. I've decided that I'm not going to worry about reviews from 2012 and earlier. I just... can't. It's too much for me to think about. So, all reviews from here forward are good. Those 900 from 2010 to 2012? Sorry, man. It's not going to happen.
- review archive - are you responsible for sites other than your own? Don't forget about those
- sidebar - check for buttons or links for events that have ended. Have any new events coming up? Now's the time to add them.
- reading challenges - update your progress, add links to challenges where you can link up. If you're a challenge host, do you try to comment on linked reviews? Now's your chance!
- blogrolls - clean 'em up!
- crosspost - do you crosspost to Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, Library Thing? Don't forget to add your reviews to Netgalley or Edelwiess for those ARCs.
- check your subscription and social media links - if this isn't something that you normally check, now's an excellent time to make sure it's doing what it should be doing. (check out Felicia's Tech Tips for ideas on what to do if you're getting errors on your subscription link)
- check your static pages (About, Review Policy, etc) for outdated information, broken links, etc.
- review your profiles - when was the last time you updated your Goodreads or Facebook profiles? Is everything up to date?
- July is on the way out! What have you done to get (and stay) ahead? Drafted any end of month/beginning of month posts? Prepared review templates?
- respond to review requests and other bloggy emails
- check your spam folder - legitimate emails can sometimes slip through, catch them now.
- check the spam filter on the blog - get rid of the spam! save the legits!
- make the rounds - check back on blogs where you left comments, maybe spread a few new comments around like candy.
BACK UP YOUR BLOG!
The next post is scheduled for 8/3 and I expect to see YOU here!