Friday, January 16, 2015

Starlight by Mimi Strong [Review]

Starlight by Mimi Strong
Starlight (Peaches Monroe #2) by Mimi Strong
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 19, 2014

Peaches Monroe
1. Stardust
2. Starlight - Paperback | Kindle
3. Starfire
3.5 The Return of Ursula

Mimi Strong
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
So, I fly my rockin' curves off to LA for the big Peaches Monroe (that's me) underwear shoot.

I'm nursing a broken heart from you-know-who, when along comes Keith Raven. Sexy, tanned, and nearly naked. He's my new co-model, and let me tell you, Keith is the full package with a big package (wink, wink).

My new bestie Mitchell warns me that all male models are walking disasters, but I think Keith's different. He meditates, for example. And, unlike some people, he doesn't toy with my affection.

Staying at Keith's apartment in LA and swimming in his pool is heavenly, not to mention the more intimate details of our Rebound Arrangement. What's a Rebound Arrangement, you ask? It's a fixed-length romance and a great way to turn your world upside-down.

Meanwhile, Dalton Deangelo is trying to redeem himself and win me back. He sucks at redemption, but he is charming.

Somebody please stop me, because if I keep slamming my heart like this, it's going to break.
Thoughts on Starlight: After the ending in book 1, I was... concerned about Peaches and Dalton. From what Peaches had seen, Dalton did something unforgivable. While I'm totally all over calling him on it, she moved out without giving him a chance to explain. And that gave me a sad face. On the other hand, Dalton had repeatedly told her actors lie. So how much could she trust anything he told her?

Needless to say, Peaches got herself into a couple of sticky situations while in LA. She went from Dalton's house straight into Keith's (he of the mind-blowing tantric sex) and proceeded to paint the town red. Actually, she painted it in big, Peaches colored strokes. That girl and alcohol are a lethal combination.

The Keith/Dalton standoffs were pretty hilarious. Seriously, their testosterone fueled altercations gave me a laugh. The way Dalton kept popping up whenever Peaches needed him was telling. I honestly felt for Keith because as much as I liked his sweet, unassuming, granola ways, I just couldn't see him keeping up with Peaches in the end.

We find out a secret or two about Peaches and she sees just how much she misses home. Fun, flirty, with some smokin' tantric sexin'. *thumbs up*

4 comments:

  1. I've got Stardust but haven't read it yet. However, I read my first (yes, only just now) Mimi Strong story and I can understand why she has so many fans ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, her books are fun. Goofy and a little off the wall, but fun!

      Delete
  2. Mimi Strong is awesome! She's one of my pals, a smart and hilarious person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I've been reading her since... umm, well, a while. A LONG WHILE!

      Delete