Saturday, June 23, 2018

A Mate for Matrix by S.E. Smith [Review]

A Mate for Matrix by S.E. Smith
A Mate for Matrix (Zion Warriors #0.5) by S.E. Smith
Format: ebook
Source: purchased as part of the Pets in Space anthology
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 13, 2017

Zion Warriors
0.5. A Mate for Matrix - Kindle
1. Gracie's Touch
2. Krak's Firebrand
3. Roarrk's Revenge

S.E. Smith
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Matrix Roma is a member of the elite Zion military Cyborg Protection Unit. Matrix gets more than he bargains for when his cyborg partner, a hybrid Wolfhound named K-Nine, goes missing and ends up finding a mate for Matrix in the middle of a deadly mission on an unknown planet called Earth.
Thoughts on A Mate for Matrix: Okay. I liked this story, but the execution was a little sloppy. Like, things happened and I had to backtrack to see why or how it had. Which...I guess it didn't bother me all that much, but I noticed it. (If I'm remembering correctly, I think I had the same issue with another book by this author. Again, it wasn't enough to make me stop reading, but it was distracting.)

So. Matrix and K-Nine are sent to Earth to track down a creeping crawling bug-thing determined to make the planet its breeding ground. An accident puts K-Nine in Jana's gentle hands while Matrix searches for him. CUE SPARKS AND LINGERING LOOKS.

And kittens. Kittens play a pivotal role.

I did enjoy the story and I'm curious if the things hinted at by Matrix's mother are resolved in later books. Honestly, I think I liked K-Nine and his patience with the kittens the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment