Saturday, June 23, 2018

Loaded by Teagan Kade [Review]

Loaded by Teagan Kade
Loaded by Teagan Kade
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: December 29, 2016

Teagan Kade
| WebsiteFacebook | Amazon | Kindle |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
He’s got the biggest bat on campus… and he knows how to use it.

Asher Slade, AKA ‘Slugger’.

Hellcats captain, shameless womanizer, and grade A as*hole.

I can’t stand his kind, so imagine my joy when I’m tasked with babysitting Sir C*ck-A-Lot during his college-imposed community service.

He thinks I’m easy, that I’m going to fall to my knees the same way his opponents do.
But he’s wrong.

I have dreams. I’m going places. The last thing I need is a walking hard-on getting in my way.

Problem is, I’m already picturing him… between my sheets, my legs, his dirty mouth doing dirty things.

I should be running a mile, so why can’t I stop thinking about those coral eyes and cut body?

I’m not going to fall for him.

Promise.

So why does it feel like my bases are already loaded?
Thoughts on Loaded: In the interest of complete disclosure, I totally bought this book because of the cover. Totally. While the cover's hot, the relationship between Asher and Willow took a long time for me to get into. Mostly because Asher was a jerk when he was in his full-on bad-boy persona. A JERK. His casual disregard for women and the way he treats Willow when he first meets her left me cold.

To be fair, Willow wasn't much better. She ran hot and cold and was so obsessed with how well-endowed Asher was it was off putting.

Then you find out that both of them have *layers* they're keeping hidden from everyone around them and ...ehh. Wild child becomes a nerd and nerd becomes so sexy-hot he can't figure out how to get back to being him. Fun in theory, but it left me wondering when the other shoe was going to drop.

While it wasn't a terrible story by any means, the characterization felt uneven and Asher's way of dealing with his ex wasn't my cup of tea. Course, the ex was kinda crazy, so she did need the equivalent of a bat to the head to understand he didn't want to be with her anymore, BUT STILL.

Uneven characters, but the cover's still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment