Saturday, August 18, 2018

Bout of Books 23 Starting Line

 Bout of Books 23
Bout of Books 23 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily challenges (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • Like Never and Always by Ann Aguirre - READ & REVIEWED
    • Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven
    • In the Mood Fur Love anthology
    • Braced by Stacy Gail - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Monster Museum by J.L. Bryan - READ & REVIEWED
    • When Love Surprises by Christi Snow - READ
  • KU reads
    • Holmes by Anna Hackett - READ & REVIEWED
    • Shattered Silence by Anna Carven - READ & REVIEWED
    • Claimed by an Alien Warrior by Tiffany Roberts - READ & REVIEWED
    • Mission: Her Protection by Anna Hackett - READ
    • Chilled by Kendra Elliot - READ
    • How to Dance an Undead Waltz by Hailey Edwards - READ & REVIEWED
    • Imperator by Anna Hackett - READ & REVIEWED
    • Kayne by Mira Maxwell - READ
    • Destroyer by Anna Carven - READ
  • Random reads 
    • Kash by Susan Hayes - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Chase by Elle Kennedy - READ & REVIEWED
Updates

8/20
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books read: When Love Surprises, Holmes
Today #insixwords: Decent start to a fantastic week!
Things I learned on Twitter: TWITTER CHAT. Which I was late to courtesy of my son calling riiiight as the chat started. But hey. I like the kid. I'll talk to him while he's away. ANYWAY. CHAT! So much booking goodness. Yassssss!
Final Tally: An unexpected romance and a love affair in the middle of an apocalypse.

8/21
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books read: Shattered Silence
Today #insixwords: Honestly, I'm too tired to come up with six words. So...yeah.
Things I learned on Twitter: Today's reading took a hit when I had to take my doggo to the vet. It's hard to concentrate on fun things when your pup is feeling badly.
Final Tally: One dangerous mercenary.

8/22
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 4
Books read: Claimed by an Alien Warrior
Today #insixwords: Another day, another sexy sci-fi romance.
Things I learned on Twitter: Social media free day! (Mostly)
Final Tally: One sexy, scaled alien with a whole lot of heart

8/23
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 7
Books read: The Monster Museum, Like Never and Always, Kash
Today #insixwords: Monsters, body-swapping, and aliens. Oh my!
Things I learned on Twitter: I'm finishing up a big project at work and...I've been absent from the social media this Bout of Books. Whoops.
Final Tally: One dedicated ghost hunter, one freaky-deaky body swap, and one hunky alien soldier.

8/24
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 9
Books read: How to Dance an Undead Waltz, Braced
Today #insixwords: My bookish love will never end!
Things I learned on Twitter: Okay, I'm starting to feel like a broken record, but...I wasn't really online much today. I checked Twitter a few times and that's about it. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?
Final Tally: One slowly healing necromancer and one strong-willed cowboy

8/25
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 12
Books read: Imperator, The Chase, Mission: Her Protection
Today #insixwords: Books, books, books, books, books. YES!
Things I learned on Twitter: Twitter chats are FUN! I mean, sure, I might have been a little loopy, but that's the way things go sometimes. MWAH! You guys are great!
Final Tally: One proud leader, one sexy hockey player, one dedicated black-ops soldier

8/26
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 15
Books read: Kayne, Chilled, Destroyer
Today #insixwords: How is it the end already?
Things I learned on Twitter: Guys, I read and wrote reviews today. Not in that order. SO MUCH REVIEW WRITING! And look! I got a fair chunk of those bad boys done!
Final Tally: One big, blue alien soldier, one half-crazed ex-marshal, one totally crazed sentient ship

Final Thoughts: Books. So many books. I am pleased. As always, Amanda and I want to thank everyone who joined us. We couldn't do this without you!

4 comments:

  1. I hope your dog is feeling better! Good luck with your read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Bout of Books. You are doing so well - how have you already read three books?!

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your reading goals, I didn't set a 'tbr' list for this week. I am keeping my reading goals low for this week and hope to read 2-3 books for BOB 23. I finished reading Turtles All The Way Down by John Green last night and really enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Killing it with how much your reading! Hope the rest of the week goes as well :)

    ReplyDelete