Monday, May 27, 2019

The Chase by Elle Kennedy [Review]

The Chase by Elle Kennedy
The Chase (Briar U #1) by Elle Kennedy
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 25, 2018

Briar U
1. The ChaseKindle
2. The Risk

Elle Kennedy
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Everyone says opposites attract. And they must be right, because there’s no logical reason why I’m so drawn to Colin Fitzgerald. I don’t usually go for tattoo-covered, video-gaming, hockey-playing nerd-jocks who think I’m flighty and superficial. His narrow view of me is the first strike against him. It doesn’t help that he’s buddy-buddy with my brother.

And that his best friend has a crush on me.

And that I just moved in with them.

Oh, did I not mention we’re roommates?

I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fitzy has made it clear he’s not interested in me, even though the sparks between us are liable to burn our house down. I’m not the kind of girl who chases after a man, though, and I’m not about to start. I’ve got my hands full dealing with a new school, a sleazy professor, and an uncertain future. So if my sexy brooding roomie wises up and realizes what he’s missing?

He knows where to find me.
Thoughts on The Chase: Oh, man. I like being back at Briar. Some of the faces may have changed, but it's still as fun as ever. Hockey players, man. They know how to get things done.

Well, kinda. I mean, it does take Fitzy a while to figure things out, but he kind of had a lot of personal baggage to unpack before he could take a stand. Which sucked for Summer, but sometimes a person has to do what a person has to do.

As for Summer, I liked her. She's a little flighty and a lot social and I liked how she tried to see the best in people. She had her moments of doubt about herself, but her ability to speak her mind and bring things out into the open that OTHER people *cough*Fitzy*cough* tried to ignore were great. She was just so...refreshing is the word I want, I think. She might be flighty and flirty, but she really did have substance.

Speaking of which, Summer's self-doubt was a killer. That she was so willing to give (most) everyone a second chance and believe the best in them (until they proved otherwise) while her own doubts about her intelligence were steadily eating away at her hurt a little. Fitzy dug himself a pretty big hole when he unintentionally poked at the things she sees as hard flaws. Good thing Summer is willing to forgive and forget for the right person.

I'm seriously loving returning to Briar and seeing a few familiar faces. I'm looking forward to the next book. HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment