Thursday, July 25, 2019

He Kissed Me First by Sara Ney [Review]

He Kissed Me First by Sara Ney
He Kissed Me First (Kiss and Make Up #2) by Sara Ney
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: September 13, 2018

Kiss and Make Up
1. Kissing in Cars
2. He Kissed Me FirstPaperback | Kindle
3. A Kiss Like This

Sara Ney
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
HE SAID...

“Trust me – If there’s one thing I’m not attracted to, it’s the shrieking, overly-dramatic shrew that’s taken over my sister’s apartment. And what is up with her hair? I know what I want; an easy, uncomplicated lay – and Cecelia Carter sure as shit isn’t one. But I never could resist a challenge, and vow to wipe that condescending grin off her pretty face. Aw, shit. Did I just call her pretty..?” – Matthew Wakefield

SHE SAID...

"Trust me - If there's one thing I'm not attracted to, it's an arrogant, selfish and foul-mouth hockey player. I know what I want; someone who’s good for my body and soul and makes me laugh - and Matthew Wakefield isn't any of those things. I cannot stand the sight of him; I mean, what a jackass. If I refuse to give him anything but sass and sarcasm, it's only because he deserves it…” - Cecelia Carter

This book is intended for those 17 and older. If you're offended by cursing (particularly "F" bombs), sarcasm, sexual situations and Alpha Male jackasses - this book is not for you...
Thoughts on He Kissed Me First: Matthew and Cecelia. They certainly had a way of playing off one another, didn't they? And riling one another up. And managing to stay on the mind of the other despite how they absolutely weren't going there no matter how sexy and funny they thought the other was.

Yeah. Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

Admittedly, Matthew was a bit of a clueless jerk with Cecelia. He pushed just to see her get upset. He teased just to see if she'd get flustered. Bonus: he had a hard time seeing that she meant something to him until it was almost too late.

On Cecelia's end of things, she didn't see Matthew in the best light when they first met. Plus, considering he was the brother of her roommate, things flaring up between them had the potential to be complicated. So she kinda shoved any blossoming feelings down until they grew too big to be kept hidden.

Then THINGS HAPPENED. Things.

It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment