Saturday, August 10, 2019

Bout of Books 26 Starting Line

 Bout of Books 26 is COMING!
Bout of Books 26 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily challenges (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing. So...yeah. (Honestly, given my workload I do NOT expect to get through all these books. But I do like having options, so I'm leaving them on on the list.)

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • The Bear's Chosen Mate by Vivian Arend - READ & REVIEWED
    • Sapphire Flames by Ilona Andrews - READ & REVIEWED
    • Caressed by the Edge of Darkness by Amanda J. Greene
    • The Dragon's Seamstress by Juli D. Revezzo
  • KU reads
    • Silent Lucidity by Tiffany Roberts - READ & REVIEWED
    • Fire in Her Eyes by Ruby Dixon - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • Forged in Blood I by Lindsay Buroker - READ
    • Forged in Blood II by Lindsay Buroker - READ
    • The Cyborg's Secret Baby by Cynthia Sax - READ & REVIEWED
    • Dark Matter by Elsa Jade - READ
    • Unfathomed by Anna Hackett - READ & REVIEWED
    • Untraveled by Anna Hackett - READ & REVIEWED
    • Unmapped by Anna Hackett - READ
    • The Hook-Up Experiment by Emma Hart
    • Love Sincerely Yours by Meghan Quinn and Sara Ney
    • Make Me Burn by Tiffany Roberts
    • Rocky Mountain Angel by Vivian Arend
    • Speakeasy by Sarina Bowen
    • Superfan by Sarina Bowen
Updates

8/19
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books read: Unfathomed, The Bear's Chosen Mate, The Cyborg's Secret Baby
Today #insixwords: Holy crap, today kinda sucked balls.
Things I learned on Twitter: TWITTER CHAT. So, I had a rough day today for reasons unrelated to reading and #boutofbooks-ing. And the Twitter chat helped take my mind off those things. SO YAY!
Final Tally: One deep sea adventure, one sexy mate-addled polar bear, one determined cyborg

8/20
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 5
Books read: Fire in Her Eyes, Untraveled
Today #insixwords: Where did the day even go?
Things I learned on Twitter: I was offline for most of the day helping my son get fully moved into his new apartment. Frankly, if I never see another piece of Ikea furniture I need to put together for at least the next month, it'll be too soon. Also, I hurt today. That's what crawling around on the ground with an screwdriver and plucky attitude will get you.
Final Tally: One sexy dragon, a determined couple

8/21
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 7
Books read: Silent Lucidity, Sapphire Flames
Today #insixwords: Brain too fried for #insixwords. Arrgh.
Things I learned on Twitter: Little to no social media today since I had to catch up on work-related things after yesterday's day off while still sneaking in some reading time. So I LEARNED NOTHING, JON SNOW! (Except that, OMG!, the next Hidden Legacies book is AH-MAZING. So good. SO GOOD.)
Final Tally: One silent assassin, one kick-ass Baylor sister

8/22
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 8
Books read: Dark Matter
Today #insixwords: TEN HOUR WORK DAY, PEOPLE. UGGH.
Things I learned on Twitter: I worked 10 hours today. I wasn't on Twitter or anywhere else.
Final Tally: One space vampire

8/23
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 9
Books read: Unmapped
Today #insixwords: Thank goodness the weekend is coming.
Things I learned on Twitter: It's Friday, man. FRIDAY. Honestly, I've sort of been avoiding social media because the world hurts right now. So...I guess I learned nothing. NOTHING.
Final Tally: One fiercely competent couple

8/24
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 10
Books read: Forged in Blood I
Today #insixwords: Twitter chat and other crazy things.
Things I learned on Twitter: I don't remember. I have no memory of what I did other than reading. Huh.
Final Tally: One revolutionary group

8/25
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 11
Books read: Forged in Blood II
Today #insixwords: Holy what? How's it the end?
Things I learned on Twitter: I was social media free today.
Final Tally: One desperate band of people trying to stop a civil war

Final Thoughts: For working a couple of 10 hours days, I didn't do too shabby this time around. Now I just have to finish writing those reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment