Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata [Review]

Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata
Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: December 26, 2018

Purchase LinksKindle

Connected Books
The Best Thing

Mariana Zapata
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
The problem with secrets is that they’re too easy to keep collecting.

Luna Allen has done some things she would rather no one ever know about. She also knows that, if she could go back in time, she wouldn’t change a single thing.

With three sisters she loves, a job she (mostly) adores, and a family built up of friends she’s made over the years, Luna figures everything has worked out the way it was supposed to.

But when one of those secrets involves the man who signs her paycheck, she can’t find it in her to regret it. Despite the fact that he’s not the friendliest man in the world. Or the most patient.

Sometimes there are things you’re better off keeping to yourself.
Thoughts on Luna and the Lie: I am so seriously smitten with this book. I love the cover. I love the grumpy hero. I love the bubbly heroine who tries SO HARD to keep upbeat no matter what. I even love the slow burn of their romance. Which, considering I'm usually about the hot and fast romances, says a lot. But, then, Mariana Zapata definitely excels at the slow burn. Slow and torturous and perfect. *gives heart eyes like a madwoman*

Luna. This lady made me grin. She makes a conscious decision to embrace the positive things in her life and I ADORE that. I can also see why she developed this philosophy (for lack of a better word) and how she's actively worked to move away from her past and refuses to let what happened to her when she was younger define her.

Luna isn't perfect, by any means, but she's perfect in her imperfections.

And her willingness to be kind and giving is the...well, it's not the catalyst that makes Rip change because he'd already made the decision to be something other than what he was before he met her, but it does motivate him to stay on the path. Honestly, I don't think he would have gone back to what he walked away from in his past given the sort of man he is (the guy makes a choice and sticks to it. Hard.), but Luna made things brighter for him and I think he needed that reminder that there's good in the world.

Even though he fought against it.

I sincerely adored this book. I always said I wasn't a fan of the slow burn, but Mariana Zapata proved me wrong. I am a fan. At least when it's done right and this was done VERY right.

No comments:

Post a Comment