Friday, January 3, 2020

Bout of Books 27 Starting Line

 Bout of Books 27 is HERE!
Bout of Books 27 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily challenges (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • Forever Strong by Piper J. Drake - READ & REVIEWED
  • KU reads
    • Fate of the Beast by Sonia Nova - READ & REVIEWED
    • When She's Married by Ruby Dixon - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • The Intergalactic Duke's Inconvenient Engagement by Elsa Jade - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Interstellar Rake's Irresistible Kiss by Elsa Jade - READ & REVIEWED
    • Rogue Alien's Escape by Kate Rudolph - READ & REVIEWED
    • Snowed in with the Alien Dragon by Sonia Nova - READ & REVIEWED
    • Alien Warrior's Secret by Mina Carter - READ & REVIEWED
    • Vrehx by Elin Wyn - READ & REVIEWED
    • Choosing Chuckles by Cynthia Sax - READ & REVIEWED
    • Doc's Orders by Cynthia Sax - READ & REVIEWED
    • Dominance and Dissent by Cynthia Sax - READ & REVIEWED
    • Passion Surge by Cynthia Sax - READ & REVIEWED
    • Steampunk Cyborg by Eve Langlais - READ & REVIEWED
    • Alien Attraction by Cara Bristol - READ & REVIEWED
    • Alien Mischief by Cara Bristol - READ & REVIEWED
    • Paax by Nancey Cummings - READ & REVIEWED
    • Sixx by Cara Bristol - READ
    • Hers to Command by Cynthia Sax - READ
    • Ghost of the Machine by Cynthia Sax - READ
    • Seeking Vector by Cynthia Sax - READ
Updates

1/6
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books read: Rogue Alien's Escape, Snowed in with the Alien Dragon, The Intergalactic Duke's Inconvenient Engagement
Today #insixwords: Blarg. I had to work today.
Things I learned on Twitter: I was working. Which means I wasn't social media-ing. TERRIBLE, I know. But I did make time for the chat and those are ALWAYS fun!
Final Tally: One felonious alien, one sexy alien dragon, one intergalactic duke

1/7
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 6
Books read: Alien Warrior's Secret, Vrehx, Choosing Chuckles
Today #insixwords: OMG! I'm loving the sexy sci-fi!
Things I learned on Twitter: Work is hitting hard enough that I can either use my free time to read or jump on Twitter. GUESS WHICH I DID? *points slyly to today's reads* Yep! I read!
Final Tally: One sexy alien warrior, one tough as nails couple, one damaged cyborg warrior

1/8
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 9
Books read: Steampunk Cyborg, Doc's Orders, Passion Surge
Today #insixwords: I had to worrrrrrrrrk ALL DAY!
Things I learned on Twitter: I was without social media (except for sneaking gifs of Kylo Ren/Ben Solo and his undying love for Rey!) today due to work. BLARG!
Final Tally: One growly cyborg, one divided cyborg, a family-oriented cyborg

1/9
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 12
Books read: Forever Strong, The Interstellar Rake's Irresistible Kiss, Alien Attraction
Today #insixwords: Rain, work, and some good books.
Things I learned on Twitter: What is Twitter? (Seriously, though, work's been a little busy this week and I've had to choose between social media-ing and reading. I have chosen the reading.)
Final Tally: One determined couple, one sexy ex-pirate, one mail-order bride

1/10
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 15
Books read: Alien Mischief, Paax, Fate of the Beast
Today #insixwords: So much sexy alien goodness. RAWR!
Things I learned on Twitter: Oh, heyyyyy. I'm finally getting caught up on reviews. I REALLY didn't want to close out this read-a-thon with 15+ review to write, so this is FABULOUS!
Final Tally: One fated couple, one scientifically minded alien, one genetically engineered alien soldier

1/11
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 18
Books read: When She's Married, Dominance and Dissent, Sixx
Today #insixwords: Another day, another batch of sexy.
Things I learned on Twitter: Twitter chat, yo! Those are always fun. Anyway, my kiddo got back from his 2 week vacation in Japan, so that was AWESOME.
Final Tally: One sexy alien ex-con, one understanding cyborg, one alien looking for love on Earth

1/12
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 21
Books read: Hers to Command, Ghost of the Machine, Seeking Vector
Today #insixwords: How is it already the end?
Things I learned on Twitter: Today was a straight up reading day, folks. I read. And read. And watched the Witcher. And read.
Final Tally: Two sexy cyborgs, one damaged cyborg, one determined cyborg

Final Thoughts: Twenty-one books. YES! I'm very pleased with that number. Very pleased. And, as always, I'm very pleased to have spent this week with all you crazy #boutofbooks-ers and all the crazy reading we had.

4 comments:

  1. You read like a demon! Wow! 6 books down! I'm so impressed!
    https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/20990212-bout-of-books-27---jan-6-12-2020

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you manage to read 3 books at the same time as working? You're a fiend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I tend to choose shorter books for the beginning of the read-a-thon so I can knock a bunch out quickly and feel REALLY good about my progress. Then I slide into longer books and my reading slows down some.

      Delete