Monday, March 30, 2020

The Warrior's Mate by Susan Trombley [Review]

The Warrior's Mate by Susan Trombley
The Warrior's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects #4) by Susan Trombley
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 29, 2019

Iriduan Test Subjects
1. The Scorpion's Mate
2. The Kraken's Mate
3. The Serpent's Mate
4. The Warrior's MateKindle
5. The Hunter's Mate
6. The Fractured Mate
7. The Iriduan's Mate
8. The Clone's Mate

Susan Trombley
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Five years ago, I was abducted by aliens….

After a harrowing escape from an alien research facility, I found myself in the care and protection of an alien species called the Akrellians, but I didn’t trust my instantaneous attraction to the commander of the ship. After all, I had no idea what the evil Iriduans had done to me, so I didn’t know if my feelings were even my own or something they had caused.

He was reptilian and had deadly quills. How could a human possibly fall so fast for such an alien male?

When I offered Prime Commander Tirel a temporary sexual liaison, hoping it would ease the need I felt for him, he rejected it and asked for something more permanent.

I panicked.

I couldn’t escape him fast enough. Not because I feared him, but because of the temptation he offered—one that would require me to sacrifice everything I’ve ever known to stay with him.

Now, after years apart, the strange bond that had formed between us upon our first meeting demands I return to him, and I realize that I can’t continue to live my life without him. The only problem—I’m stuck on Earth, and I don’t know how to find him again.

Until an unexpected visitor brings me the solution—and the terrifying news that I may have waited too long.
Thoughts on The Warrior's Mate: Some time has passed since our plucky heroines were abducted from Earth. A few found their happy place with their (very) alien mates while Theresa and Tarin opted to head back home. Guess what? Not being able to tell people what has happened to you (or at least having everyone think you're a kook if you do tell) makes it VERY hard to deal with all the craziness you were put through.

In other words, Theresa isn't in the best mental place when we first catch up with her. As much as she loves her family, she no longer feels like she fits in on Earth and being away from Tirel is slowly eating away at her. Which means she pretty much jumps at the chance to head out to him when the opportunity presents itself.

Even though it means putting herself in danger to save him. Even though it means giving up everything to be with him. At least she has Tarin, right? Except Tarin's dealing with a few things that look like they're going to be VERY interesting down the road.

But that's another book for another day.

Delving into betrayal, forgiveness, figuring how to fit into a literally alien society, and ...well, there's a lot of alien stuff going on here. Tirel needs to find his new place in the world after his imprisonment. Theresa needs to figure out how she fits in with his family and into his life. It's great!

I'm totally digging this series. The aliens are VERY non-human and I like that. A LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment