Saturday, May 9, 2020

Bout of Books 28 Starting Line

 Bout of Books 28
Bout of Books 28 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily challenges (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • Stranger Ranger by Daisy Prescott - READ & REVIEWED
    • Marek by Felicity Heaton - READ & REVIEWED
  • KU reads
    • His Human Nanny by Michele Mills - READ & REVIEWED
    • Love Under Quarantine by Kylie Scott and Audrey Carlan - READ & REVIEWED
    • Barbarian's Treasure by Ruby Dixon - READ & REVIEWED
    • Wait With Me by Amy Daws - READ & REVIEWED
    • Next In Line by Amy Daws - READ & REVIEWED
    • One Moment Please by Amy Daws - READ & REVIEWED
    • By a Thread by Lucy Score - READ & REVIEWED
    • A Few Cyborgs More by Honey Phillips - READ & REVIEWED
    • Protecting What's Mine by Lucy Score - READ & REVIEWED
    • A Secret for a Secret by Helena Hunting - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • A Beardy Bonus by Penny Reid - READ & REVIEWED
    • Heartless by Gail Carriger - READ (NO REVIEW - REREAD)
    • Dash by Kelsey Nicole Price - READ & REVIEWED
    • Loving the Secret Billionaire by Adriana Anders - READ & REVIEWED
    • Loving the Wounded Warrior by Adriana Anders - READ & REVIEWED
    • Loving the Mountain Man by Adriana Anders - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Skeleton in the Closet by Angie Fox - READ & REVIEWED
    • Pregnant by the Alien Healer by Mina Carter - READ & REVIEWED
    • Alien Healer's Baby by Mina Carter - READ & REVIEWED
    • Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews - READ (NO REVIEW - REREAD)
Updates

5/11
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books read: His Human Nanny, Love Under Quarantine, A Beardy Bonus
Today #insixwords: Kinda a weird Monday, but whatever.
Things I learned on Twitter: Twitter chat, y'all! We chatted. I got to talk about #NakedWerewolves. ALL WAS RIGHT IN THE WORLD.
Final Tally: One sexy alien, one quarantined couple, bonus scenes from my favorite Winstons

5/12
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 6
Books read: Barbarian's Treasure, Wait With Me, Heartless
Today #insixwords: It rained today. What the what?
Things I learned on Twitter: I popped in and out of Twitter, but I mostly read. Because BOOKS!
Final Tally: One big, blue barbarian, one tire shop romance, one steampunk adventure

5/13
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 9
Books read: Next In Line, One Moment Please, By a Thread
Today #insixwords: Weird day, weird week, good books!
Things I learned on Twitter: I had that work thing to focus on today, so no social media for me. At all, really. Which is a shame because I'm sure I had deep thoughts to share at some point.
Final Tally: Some sexy ice fishing, one tormented doctor, one grumpy boss

5/14
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 12
Books read: Stranger Ranger, A Few Cyborgs More, Protecting What's Mine
Today #insixwords: Another glorious day in reading land.
Things I learned on Twitter: I tried to join in on a couple sprints, but work kept interrupting those attempts. Still, I think I did pretty decently for the day.
Final Tally: One sexy mountain man, two sexy cyborgs, one first responding couple

5/15
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 15
Books read: Dash, Loving the Secret Billionaire, Loving the Wounded Warrior
Today #insixwords: It's FRIDAY, people! I'm so happy!
Things I learned on Twitter: Today was a non-social media day. Work, yo. While I'd rather be reading, a person does what a person needs to do.
Final Tally: One sexy blue cyborg, one secret billionaire, one wounded warrior

5/16
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 18
Books read: Loving the Mountain Man, The Skeleton in the Closet, A Secret for a Secret
Today #insixwords: I had to adult today. Uggh.
Things I learned on Twitter: Twitter chat! You #boutofbooks-ers are always so fun to chat with. And throwing #NakedWerewolves into the mix NEVER gets tiring.
Final Tally: One brooding mountain man, one sassy ghost hunter, one gentlemanly goalie

5/17
Number of books I’ve read today: 4
Total number of books I’ve read: 22
Books read: Pregnant by the Alien Healer, Alien Healer's Baby, Marek, Burn For Me
Today #insixwords: I had the laziest day imaginable.
Things I learned on Twitter: I literally did nothing but read today. Nothing. Well, wait. I also ate homemade sourdough bread. So I ate and read. GLORIOUS!
Final Tally: One accidental pregnancy, one powerful baby, one sexy demi-god, one Prime couple

Final Thoughts: OMG! Another Bout of Books has come to an end and WHERE DOES THIS DANG WEEK GO? 22 books is roughly a months worth of reviews for me, so...I'm feeling pretty good about this week. And I'll feel SUPER good once I get those outstanding reviews written!

As always, thank you to everybody who joined us during this crazy book reading week! See you for Bout of Books 29!

5 comments:

  1. Don't know how you manage to organise the readathon as well as actually reading some books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scheduling ahead. SO MUCH SCHEDULING. LOL. Amanda and I have a system and we use it hard.

      Delete
  2. wow, you are devouring books! Enjoy! I'm slower, but enjoying it: https://wordsandpeace.com/tag/bout-of-books/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your week is going amazingly! I can't believe you've read so much as well! Have a fab final day...

    ReplyDelete