Saturday, July 25, 2020

The Hook-Up Experiment by Emma Hart [Review]

The Hook-Up Experiment by Emma Hart
The Hook-Up Experiment (The Experiment #1) by Emma Hart
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 29, 2019

The Experiment
1. The Hook-Up Experiment - Paperback | Kindle
2. The Dating Experiment

Emma Hart
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
1.Hate-screw my high school nemesis.
2.Remember to hate him.
3.Prove my brother wrong.
It should be easy.
It isn’t.

As the owner of Pick-A-D*ck, New Orleans’ premier hook-up website, my job is simple. Connect two people for a no-strings, no-expectations hook-up. The plus for my clients is that I’m the one who gets to sift through the d*ck pics—except this time, they're required.

My problem? My brother, co-owner of Pick-A-D*ck’s sister dating site, doesn’t believe it’s possible to hook up with someone three times and not fall in love.
I disagree. I know it’s possible.

And my disagreement is exactly how I end up reconnected with my high school nemesis, Elliott Sloane. The guy who asked me to junior prom and then stood me up. Who egged my car when I rejected him, and convinced my senior homecoming date to ghost me.

It should be easy to hate-screw him. If only he was still that person, instead of a hot-as-hell single dad, working as a builder to make ends’ meet, fighting for custody of his daughter.

Three hook-ups.
One outcome.
Right?
Thoughts on The Hook-Up Experiment: Peyton and Elliott, man. These two are...antagonistic. Well, really, it's mostly Peyton who has a chip on her shoulder about the past. Elliott initially is just in it for the hook-up and doesn't really try to get through her prickly exterior. Which makes him sound kind of like a jerk, but it's more because he knows how single-minded she can be and he doesn't have the will to fight against that.

But once they start reconnecting and actually SEEING one another as more than just the fiery girl from high school and the boy who stood her up, things started looking up. As in, Elliott goes all in and manages to get Peyton to listen. Seeing as how Peyton's an actual grown adult (despite the juvenile bets she takes against her brother), she listens, processes, and realizes that maybe she was a wee bit hasty in her anger from before.

AND THINGS HAPPEN!

Throw in a sweet, adorable kiddo, a couple of meddling best friends, and a brother who's doing EVERYTHING wrong with his own potential relationship and you've got a winner. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment