Saturday, August 15, 2020

Bout of Books 29 Starting Line

Bout of Books 29
Bout of Books 29 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily reading sprints (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing-ish. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:

  • KU reads
    • Alien Bride by Tracy Lauren - READ
    • How to Rattle an Undead Couple by Hailey Edwards - READ
    • Izzie and the Icebeast by Honey Phillips - READ
    • Psychic Dreams by Elizabeth Hunter - READ
  • Random reads 
    • Meat Cute by Gail Carriger - READ
    • Two Against the Stars by Veronica Scott - READ
    • A Soldier's Christmas Wish by Vivian Arend - READ
    • Mercenary Instinct by Ruby Lionsdrake - READ (RE-READ, NO REVIEW)
    • Trial and Temptation by Ruby Lionsdrake - READ (RE-READ, NO REVIEW)
    • The Assassin's Salvation by Ruby Lionsdrake - READ (RE-READ, NO REVIEW)
    • The Ruins of Karzelek by Ruby Lionsdrake - READ (RE-READ, NO REVIEW)
    • Shooting Star by Staci Hart - READ
    • Mercenary Courage by Ruby Lionsdrake - READ (RE-READ, NO REVIEW)
    • The Pirate Captain's Daughter by Ruby Lionsdrake - READ (RE-READ, NO REVIEW)
    • The Tracker's Dilemma by Ruby Lionsdrake - READ (RE-READ, NO REVIEW)
    • Quashi by Ruby Lionsdrake - READ (RE-READ, NO REVIEW)
Updates

8/17
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books read: Meat Cute, Two Against the Stars, Alien Bride
Today #insixwords: A lot of day job work.
Things I learned on Twitter: I kinda hit the chat and kinda missed it due to a work call. BLECH. But still, I got some reading done today!
Final Tally: One strangely disastrous meeting, one determined couple, one abducted human and her alien husband

8/18
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 6
Books read: A Soldier's Christmas Wish, Mercenary Instinct, How to Rattle an Undead Couple
Today #insixwords: Yikes! How're these books being read?
Things I learned on Twitter: MAN, I've been busy at the day job. Waaaay too busy for a BoB week, if you ask me.
Final Tally: One sexy ex-soldier, one gruff mercenary, one supremely gifted couple and their bitty baby

8/19
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 8
Books read: Trial and Temptation, The Assassin's Salvation
Today #insixwords: What even happened to the day?
Things I learned on Twitter: SERIOUSLY, where did today go? It was morning and then it was night. WHAT THE HELL, TIME? NOT COOL.
Final Tally: One uptight combat pilot, one soft-hearted assassin

8/20
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 10
Books read: The Ruins of Karzelek, Shooting Star
Today #insixwords: Somehow carved out time to read.
Things I learned on Twitter: My day job is killing me softly, people. Busy busy busy. But I still got a few books finished today. And tomorrow? FRIDAY! YES!
Final Tally: One allergy-prone intelligence officer, one bright young thing

8/21
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 12
Books read: Izzie and the Icebeast, Psychic Dreams
Today #insixwords: What even is time, my friends?
Things I learned on Twitter: I'm working on finishing up a project at work, so I had little to no social media time today. Whoops!
Final Tally: One abducted human, one precognitive dreamer

8/22
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 13
Books read: Mercenary Courage
Today #insixwords: Time has no meaning. Read books!
Things I learned on Twitter: Twitter chats! Those are always fun, aren't they?
Final Tally: One trouble-prone couple

8/23
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 16
Books read: The Pirate Captain's Daughter, The Tracker's Dilemma, Quashi
Today #insixwords: How is it the end already?
Things I learned on Twitter: Alas, today was a social media free day. Mostly because I was tired and had a lazy day with the books. Yay!
Final Tally: One mercenary firefighter, one supercharged tracker, one fuzzy pet

Final Thoughts: Wow. Where did the week go? I have wildfires burning close to where I live and work was crazy busy this week, so it was...interesting. I had fun, of course, because who doesn't have fun with books and read-a-thon-ers? So, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED AND HELPED MAKE THIS A GOOD ONE!

2 comments:

  1. I am so thoroughly impressed you have gotten through as many book as you have. Two more days left--it seems to me that it has gone by quickly. My Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your updates were fun to read! Looks like you had a great reading week. Good luck with the horrid fires. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete