Monday, September 21, 2020

I Hate You by Ilsa Madden-Mills [Review]

I Hate You by Ilsa Madden-Mills
I Hate You (The Hook Up #3) by Isla Madden-Mills
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 10, 2019

The Hook Up
1. I Dare You
2. I Bet You
3. I Hate YouPaperback | Kindle

Ilsa Madden-Mills
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I want you . . . even when I hate you.

Blaze Townsend: I hate you.
Charisma Rossi: I hate you more.

She’s been expecting this ever since their latest showdown. She had good reason.

Hottest guy she’s ever seen.
Former fling.
Dumped her in front of all her friends.
At her own party.

So no, she’s not about to forgive and forget just because he sits next to her in class. He thinks all he has to do is turn on those baby blues, and she’ll melt right back into his arms. Please. She’d be crazy to let this cocky player affect her again. (Tell that to her body.)

Charisma Rossi.
Brainy girl with a dash of bad.
The one who got under his skin.
The one he cut loose.

Blaze knows she’s the riskiest prospect at Waylon University, but none of the interchangeable girls he hooks up with have ever made him feel the way she did. There’s absolutely no way he can have the girl and the game.

So why can’t he stop trying to win her back?

Can this wide receiver score the girl or will he make the biggest fumble of his life?
Thoughts on I Hate You: Charisma and Blaze. He did what he thought he needed to do and she's...well, she's pretending she's fine, but her heart is still pretty bruised from what happened. She has that whole stiff upper lip going, though. Fortunately for her, Blaze sees right through her to the heart-hurt girl underneath.

I say fortunately, but Charisma thinks it's pretty unfortunate at first. She wants nothing to do with him when he tries to reinsert himself into her life. Or, maybe I mean insert. Because for all the chemistry these two had the first time around, they didn't know much about one another. It was pretty much all physical, so this second chance gives them a chance to get to know one another.

I can't say I liked what Blaze did to Charisma the first time around, but he figured things out. Eventually. And Charisma got what she wanted from the person she wanted it from in the end. So, YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment