Saturday, October 31, 2020

Under His Spell by Mink [Review]

Under His Spell by Mink
Format: ebook 
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited 
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 10, 2020

Purchase Links: Kindle

Mink
| Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I live in a haunted house. Well, at least that’s what the bloggers and ghost hunters think. The legends about the house on Raven Ridge aren’t true. But when I find Sienna in a chat room and read her words of interest in my house, I take an interest. And once I learn more about her, I know I need to get her here by any means necessary. So, sure, I play into the “haunted” rumors.

Once Sienna arrives, she’s even better than my imaginings. Smart, sweet, and utterly adorable—she’s tracking a ghost and won’t be denied. Good thing I can do my part in making the house seem haunted.

Until strange things start happening. . . Sounds, feelings, and creepiness that grows by the day. I always thought the stories about the ghost of Raven Ridge were made up nonsense, but this October, I’m learning the past is alive, and I’m in a race against the clock to keep Sienna alive, too.

MINK's Note: Grab you a pumpkin spice and a fluffy kitten and enjoy this spooky tale with a sweet HEA.
Thoughts on Under His Spell: Gloriously over the top with a nice paranormal twist. In other words, we have a sweetly trusting, incredibly innocent heroine who throws all caution to the wind upon first meeting the hero. By that I mean Sienna goes all in and rolls with everything Royce suggests.

Fortunately for her, he's (mostly) gentlemanly (the luring her to his house with tantalizing tales of hauntings can't really count against him when they end up being real, can they?) and utterly smitten. Which means he has no intention of ever hurting her in any way.

The entity in the house, on the other hand, isn't quite as gentlemanly.

A bump or two in the night, a mystery from the past, and a little magic. Plus, you know, the requisite steam and sparks. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment