Friday, January 1, 2021

Bout of Books 30 Starting Line

Bout of Books 30
Bout of Books 30 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily challenges (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • None!
  • KU reads
    • Witchful Thinking by Kristen Painter - READ & REVIEWED
    • While You Were Creeping by Poppy Rhys - READ & REVIEWED
    • Riv's Sanctuary by A.G. Wilde - READ & REVIEWED
    • Midlife Ghost Hunter by Shannon Mayer - READ & REVIEWED
    • Turn Left for Stars by V.K. Ludwig - READ & REVIEWED
    • Miss Frost Ices the Imp by Kristen Painter - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • Fae Lord Seduced by Marina Maddix - READ & REVIEWED
    • Fae Lord Redeemed by Marina Maddix - READ & REVIEWED
    • Fae Lord Bewitched by Marina Maddix - READ & REVIEWED
    • Draekon Mate by Lili Zander and Lee Savino - READ & REVIEWED
    • Love Code by Ann Aguirre - READ & REVIEWED
    • A Bride Worth Fighting For by Tracy Lauren - READ & REVIEWED
    • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend by Molly Harper - READ & REVIEWED
    • Total Eclipse of the Hunt by Mandy M. Roth - READ & REVIEWED
    • Curses and Cupcakes by Michelle M. Pillow - READ & REVIEWED
    • Everlasting Christmas by Mandy M. Roth - READ & REVIEWED
    • Don't Stop Bewitching by Mandy M. Roth - READ & REVIEWED
    • Mall I Want for Christmas is You by Sarah Robinson - READ & REVIEWED
Updates

1/4
Number of books I’ve read today: 4
Total number of books I’ve read: 4
Books read: Witchful Thinking, Fae Lord Seduced, Love Code, Total Eclipse of the Hunt
Today #insixwords: Determined to kick ass in 2021!
Things I learned on Twitter: Oh, hey. Funny story. We're in full-on Covid quarantine at my house (one positive and two negatives make a weird mixture when you're talking virus spreading) and my brain is alllllll over the place. Which might be good for carving out reading time (at least it was today), but isn't so good when it comes to, well, doing ANYTHING else. So...I read today. And that's about it.
Final Tally: One magical duo, one sexy fae lord, one embodied AI, one determined centaur

1/5
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 7
Books read: Fae Lord Redeemed, While You Were Creeping, A Bride Worth Fighting For
Today #insixwords: Day two and still going strong.
Things I learned on Twitter: Gonna be blunt here, given how weird this year has started for me, social media is toward the bottom of things I can deal with right now. So while I would LOVE to have the mental capacity to jump online and chat, I'm 100% not going to beat myself up when it doesn't happen. I'm reading and that's enough for me.
Final Tally: One adrenaline-fueled shifter, one interdimensional prisoner, one ex-gladiator stepping back into the ring

1/6
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 9
Books read: Fae Lord Bewitched, Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend
Today #insixwords: Wow. What is even happening today?
Things I learned on Twitter: Yeah. I got nothing, people. Today was weird and terrible and I don't even know how to process it.
Final Tally: One ghostly encounter, one sexy shifter

1/7
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 12
Books read: Riv's Sanctuary, Curses and Cupcakes, Everlasting Christmas
Today #insixwords: I'm beyond tired at this point.
Things I learned on Twitter: Yeah, I've hit social media fatigue with everything going on here in the US. I'm still reading, though!
Final Tally: One surly alien farmer, one cursed baker, one second chance at love

1/8
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 14
Books read: Draekon Mate, Don't Stop Bewitching
Today #insixwords: I took a much-needed day off.
Things I learned on Twitter: HAHAHAHA. Omg. Today was just A DAY, wasn't it? I'm alternately glued to Twitter and want nothing to do with it.
Final Tally: Two exiled dragon-shifters, one cursed cat-shifter

1/9
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 17
Books read: Mall I Want for Christmas is You, Midlife Ghost Hunter, Turn Left for Stars
Today #insixwords: Allllll I did was read today!
Things I learned on Twitter: #BoutofBooks-ers are GREAT, aren't they? I like you guys. You get a big thumbs up from me.
Final Tally: One mall Santa, one determined hunter, one sex-ay alien lover

1/10
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 18
Books read: Miss Frost Ices the Imp
Today #insixwords: Lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy day.
Things I learned on Twitter: I watched movies and read a book today. AND THAT'S IT! It was GLORIOUS!
Final Tally: One winter princess

Final Thoughts: Despite all the insanity happening in the US this week, I managed to read (yay) and get a big chunk of reviews for those books written (DOUBLE YAY!). So I'm counting this as a win even though I checked out of social media early in the week. As Amanda and I always say: SOMETIMES LIFE HAPPENS! And that's okay.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are making such great progress already! That's amazing! My Post if you want to come check it out. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete