Monday, June 28, 2021

Kiss Me Not by Emma Hart [Review]

Kiss Me Not by Emma Hart
Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me #1) by Emma Hart
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 20, 2020

Kiss Me
1. Kiss Me Not - Paperback | Kindle
2. Kiss Me Tonight
3. Kiss Me Again

Emma Hart
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
What do you do when you’re the reigning kissing booth champion but the only person you want to kiss is your best friend’s brother?

Let me make this clear right here, right now: I, Halley Dawson, do not care that Preston Wright is kissing other women.
Not a lick. Not at all. Nuh-uh-freakin’-uh.
I do care that he’s doing it six feet away from me behind a gaudy velvet curtain—making him my competition in this year’s kissing contest.
Why do I care, you ask? Because I’ve had an unfortunate crush on the insufferable idiot since I was sixteen years old, but I also know it’s never going to happen.
He’s the Creek Falls bachelor to die for, and I’m the Creek Falls racoon lady who puts peanut butter sandwiches out for them every night.
I’m not going to let him break my four-year-long reign—no matter how many times he breaks the rules and slides the curtain across to do the one thing he’s not allowed to:

Kiss me.
Thoughts on Kiss Me Not: Heh. Halley and Preston are sort of gloriously antagonistic to one another at first. But, like, in a funny way. In a "I can't stand you for REASONS" way that kind of has nothing to do with reality because those feelings are part smokescreen and part how they think they should act because...I don't know, brothers aren't supposed to lust after their sister's best friend and best friends aren't supposed to have FEELINGS for hunky siblings who they perceive as a manwhore even though he's kinda not.

The funny thing is Reagan (the sister and best friend in question) really doesn't have a problem either way with Halley and Preston as a couple. While she doesn't way a play by play rundown of what they do together, she's pretty chill about the idea of them together.

Which means Halley and Preston already have one speed bump in the rear view. Not that things are necessarily easy, though. They still have to readjust their respective mindsets and figure out how to build a foundation without their quirks and insecurities driving the other away.

Kissing, competition, hardcore friendships, and raccoons. In other words, sexy, sassy, snarky, and raccoons. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment