Saturday, August 14, 2021

Bout of Books 32 Starting Line

Bout of Books 32
 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the reading sprints (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time (and thinking about writing). So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • When Sparks Fly by Helena Hunting
    • Hunt the Stars by Jessie Mihalik
  • KU reads
    • My Birthday Getaway by Marina Simcoe - READ & REVIEWED
    • Bryk by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Jorg by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Kral by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Wulf by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Lyel by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Axil by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Malac by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Drace by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Rashe by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Teran by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Kruze by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
  • Re-reads (No reviews)
    • The Darkest Fire by Gena Showalter - READ
    • The Darkest Prison by Gena Showalter - READ
    • The Darkest Angel by Gena Showalter - READ
    • The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter - READ
    • The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter - READ
  • Random reads
    • Alien Most Wanted: Caged Beast by Honey Phillips - READ 
    • Pawsitively Poisonous by Melissa Erin Jackson - READ & REVIEWED
    • Vork by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Neere by Ava Ross - READ
    • Skoar by Ava Ross - READ
Updates

8/16
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books read: The Darkest Fire, The Darkest Prison, The Darkest Angel
Today #insixwords: Monday. Good reading, long work day.
Things I learned on Twitter: #NakedWerewolves are always a hit! Amanda and I need to be better about coming up with new chat questions. LOL.
Final Tally: One damned couple, one godly duo, one mismatched pair

8/17
Number of books I’ve read today: 4
Total number of books I’ve read: 7
Books read: The Darkest Lie, Alien Most Wanted: Caged Beast, Pawsitively Poisonous, Vork
Today #insixwords: Another day, another couple of books!
Things I learned on Twitter: Yo! Reading in Place sprints on Discord. I REALLY LIKE THAT SRPINT BOT! Whoo-hoo!
Final Tally: One nightmare vs one liar, one human prize, one witch trying to find a poisoner, one sexy alien/human couple

8/18
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 10
Books read: Bryk, My Birthday Getaway, Jorg
Today #insixwords: Wednesday. Doesn't even deserve six words.
Things I learned on Twitter: I was working today (mostly) and bypassed social media so I could get some reading in during my down time. HERE WE ARE. Books read, social media deficient.
Final Tally: One human on an alien world (with a hunky alien honey!), one accidental abduction, one scarred mercenary

8/19
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 13
Books read: Kral, Wulf, The Darkest Secret
Today #insixwords: Sexy sci-fi and BITCHIN' paranormal romance!
Things I learned on Twitter: I must say, I'm REALLY digging those Reading in Place sprints on Discord. LOVE 'EM!
Final Tally: One creative alien, one sweetly shy alien, one unlikely couple

8/20
Number of books I’ve read today: 4
Total number of books I’ve read: 17
Books read: Lyel, Axil, Malac, Drace
Today #insixwords:  It's Friday, #boutofbooks-ers! Friday! Friday! Friday!
Things I learned on Twitter: Today was a light social media day for me. Because sometimes you just need that social media break. RIGHT?
Final Tally: One honor bound alien, one royal alien, one underground king, one elite soldier

8/21
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 18
Books read: Rashe
Today #insixwords: Where did this day even go?
Things I learned on Twitter: I had to do adulty stuff today. Like grocery shopping. No like.
Final Tally: One cursed hunk of an alien

8/22
Number of books I’ve read today: 4
Total number of books I’ve read: 22
Books read: Teran, Kruze, Neere, Skoar
Today #insixwords: Hoo-boy! Ending strong for #BoutOfBooks 32!
Things I learned on Twitter: I was mostly social media free today although I DID manage to slide online for a Discord sprint after making jam. (We have A TON of peaches and making jam was a necessity before they turned to the dark side.)
Final Tally: One adventurous couple, one kidnapped human, one sexy dignitary, one barista with a choice to make

Final Thoughts: I kept up with my reviews for this Bout of Books. That's a pretty big deal in my book. So YAY ME! On a less me-centric note, THANK YOU to everyone who participated and read and chatted and sprinted. As always, it was great fun and I can't wait until BoB 33!

2 comments:

  1. Oops I should.. sign up... eh... 😳 let's hope I remember through vaccine brain, lol. (also hi!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good way to track the goal achievement. Yay for reviews and reading.

    ReplyDelete