Thursday, August 19, 2021

Treasured by the Alien Pirate by Celia Kyle and Athena Storm [Review]

Treasured by the Alien Pirate by Celia Kyle and Athena Storm
Treasured by the Alien Pirate (Mates of the Kilgari #2) by Celia Kyle and Athena Storm
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: June 24, 2020

Mates of the Kilgari
1. Rescued by the Alien Pirate
2. Treasured by the Alien PirateKindle
3. Charmed by the Alien Pirate
4. Hunted by the Alien Pirate
5. Tamed by the Alien Pirate
6. Seized by the Alien Pirate

Celia Kyle
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Athena Storm
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I’m a wanted woman. In more ways than one.

I was arrested, then imprisoned in cryosleep, and finally rescued by a crew of horned, golden skinned aliens.

Now my government has branded me a traitor.

Whoever is after me is willing to kill--to destroy anything and anyone in their way.
They’re powerful and without mercy.
It’s enough to make me lose all hope.

Until Grantian.

He’s a dangerous man and he promises to protect me.
Former mercenary with the Hael Hounds--more blood on his hands than he cares to recount.
He’s experienced suffering. And pain. And loss.
I can tell that he sees something in me.
Something that makes him willing to kill again.

Yet with him, I feel safe.
And even if we travel to the ends of the galaxy,
With him...

I feel like I’m home.
Thoughts on Treasured by the Alien Pirate: The mystery of who and why the human women were left floating in space in a derelict ship deepens. Sort of. I mean, given the...experiments Grantian and crew stumbled over things look like they're taking a very sinister turn. And the IHC looks to be in the middle of it. OH NOES!

But it's not all doom and gloom because Lamira and Grantian have some sizzling connections going on and they're both weirdly awkward about it. As in, Grantian goes practically non-verbal the first few times he's in Lamira's presence and Lamira's not AT ALL sure why she keeps seeking the big Kilgari out.

Honestly, I live for brawny, stoic aliens getting tongue tied around their human, so this worked out nicely for me.

The human women are working on meshing with the crew, the Kilgari are more than accommodating seeing as how the women basically descended on their ship and jumped in to start helping out, and human/Kilgari pairings are pretty darn fun.

Things might be dangerous out in the big, bad universe, but fated mates and burning loins find a way to make things work. (metaphorically burning loins because NO ONE wants literal burning loins. YIKES!)

No comments:

Post a Comment