Thursday, December 30, 2021

Bout of Books 33 Starting Line

Bout of Books 33 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily reading sprints (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing-ish. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • Cabinet Jack by J.L. Bryan - READ & REVIEWED
  • KU reads
    • Her Alien Farmhand by Honey Phillips - READ & REVIEWED
    • Barbarian's Prize by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Barbarian's Touch by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon by Kimberly Lemming - READ & REVIEWED
    • Mistlefoe by Kimberly Lemming - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • Barbarian Mine by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Ice Planet Honeymoon: Rukh and Harlow by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Having the Barbarian's Baby by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Ice Ice Babies by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Barbarian's Redemption by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Barbarian's Lady by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Barbarian's Rescue by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Barbarian's Tease by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Barbarian's Valentine by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Renegade Love by Ann Aguirre - READ & REVIEWED
    • Calm by Ruby Dixon - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Magic Mourns by Ilona Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
    • A Questionable Client by Ilona Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Curran POV Collection by Gordan Andrews - READ (re-read, no review)
Updates

1/3
Number of books I’ve read today: 6
Total number of books I’ve read: 6
Books read: Barbarian Mine, Rukh and Harlow, Having the Barbarian's Baby, Ice Ice Babies, Barbarian's Redemption, Barbarian's Lady
Today #insixwords: Big, blue, hunky Ice Planet Barbarians!
Things I learned on Twitter: I had started out 2022 with a vague idea to reread the Ice Planet Barbarians series throughout the year. Once I started, though, I COULDN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT. I own about half the main IPB series in ebook and I figured I'd just KU the rest. THEN RUBY'S BOOKS WENT MISSING ON AMAZON AND MY ENTIRE WORLD IMPLODED. The books I own aren't in order, but I couldn't stop reading. So I read these bad boys with BIG gaps in the series where the KU books would have gone. On a happier note, the IPB books are back on Amazon, so I will DEFINITELY be continuing my reread once I finish off my already-owned books! And now I can plan an in-order reread for next year, RIGHT?!?!?
Final Tally: One alien/human couple, one slight miscommunication, one incoming baby, fussy alien twins, one arrogant alien who finds his perfect mate, one accident prone alien

1/4
Number of books I’ve read today: 5
Total number of books I’ve read: 11
Books read: Barbarian's Rescue, Her Alien Farmhand, Barbarian's Tease, Cabinet Jack, Barbarian's Valentine
Today #insixwords: Still going strong with Ruby Dixon!
Things I learned on Twitter: I am AMAZINGLY bad at sprints on Twitter. Like, I completely forget to check in both coming and going. LOL. Anywho. I'm getting my read on and YESSSSSSS.
Final Tally: One daring rescue, one sexy alien, one stranded hairdresser, a seriously creepy bad guy, two SEX-AY Valentine

1/5
Number of books I’ve read today: 5
Total number of books I’ve read: 16
Books read: Renegade Love, Barbarian's Prize, Barbarian's Touch, Calm, That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon
Today #insixwords: So many books, so little time!
Things I learned on Twitter: I was mostly social media free today (I am technically working this week, after all), but I managed to show up for a few discord sprints. Which are FUN because the bot counts your pages/words/whatever for you and you don't have to do anything, really. GLORIOUS!
Final Tally: One surly bounty hunter, one sweet couple, one resonating couple, one tease about the future, one madcap fantasy adventure

1/6
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 19
Books read: Mistlefoe, Magic Bites, Magic Burns
Today #insixwords: Switching from RD to Ilona Andrews!
Things I learned on Twitter: I started reading the first Kate Daniels book on a whim and LOOK AT ME NOW! 2 books and and PLENTY more to go! YESSSSSS!
Final Tally: One sexy fox demon, one badass merc, one complicated investigation

1/7
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 21
Books read: Magic Strikes, Magic Bleeds
Today #insixwords: *holds up seven fingers* 'Nuff said.
Things I learned on Twitter: I got caught up in my Kate Daniels re-read and OMG I HAVE SUCH MAD LOVE FOR THIS SERIES! Mad love. But it does mean I was a wee bit absent from social media.
Final Tally: A couple of bouts at the Midnight Games, one complicated family

1/8
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 23
Books read: Magic Slays, Magic Gifts
Today #insixwords: I've lost track of days again.
Things I learned on Twitter: Wellll...I led the Twitter chat early in the morning and then...just kind of lazed around with a book or two. Because that's what happens of day 6 of a 7 day read-a-thon.
Final Tally: One messed up conspiracy, one almost-date

1/9
Number of books I’ve read today: 4
Total number of books I’ve read: 27
Books read: Magic Mourns, A Questionable Client, Magic Dreams, Curran POV Collection
Today #insixwords: Today is Sunday? If you insist.
Things I learned on Twitter: It's the end of the read-a-thon and I'm losing steam. Today was a bunch of short stories/novellas day and I AM SO HERE FOR IT! (Also, I binged a whole bunch of Kate Daniels books over a short amount of time and I have a lot of Kate and Curran stuffed in my head right now.)
Final Tally: One almost-couple, one deviant client, one vengeful demon, one sexy Beast Lord

Final Thoughts: Another Bout of Books in the bag! I love seeing familiar faces and meeting the new ones who stumbled over us. Thank you to EVEYRONE for participating!

2 comments:

  1. OMG those books, I have been seeing them non-stop on Bookstagram for awhile now. They seem amusing and a breeze to read so I may have to pick them up at some point but I do hate the bandwagon. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lie, they're super fun (if you're into devoted alien dudes who are ALL ABOUT their special lady) and they're quick reads. I'm enjoying my re-read bunches!

      Delete