Friday, May 6, 2022

Bout of Books 34 Starting Line

Bout of Books 34
 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily reading sprints (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing-ish. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • Sable by J.L. Bryan - READ & REVIEWED
  • KU reads
    • Craved by an Alien Warlord by Ava Ross - READ & REVIEWED
    • Hot and Heavy by Michele Mills - READ & REVIEWED
    • A Gift for the Alien Warrior by Honey Phillips - READ & REVIEWED
    • Mail Order Mom by Marina Simcoe - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • Happily Never After by Jeaniene Frost - READ & REVIEWED
    • Devil to Pay by Jeaniene Frost - READ & REVIEWED
    • A Kiss for Luck by Jennifer Ashley - READ & REVIEWED
    • Along Came a Prince by Jennifer Ashley - READ & REVIEWED
    • Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - READ & REVIEWED
    • A Grave Girls' Getaway by Jeaniene Frost - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Other Half of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - READ & REVIEWED
    • Aged for Murder by Fiona Grace - READ & REVIEWED
    • Captured by the Orc by Mina Carter - READ & REVIEWED
    • White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz - READ & REVIEWED
    • Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz - READ & REVIEWED
  • Re-reads (no review)
    • One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost - READ
    • Home for the Holidays by Jeaniene Frost - READ
    • First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost - READ
    • Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost - READ
Updates

5/9
Number of books I’ve read today: 5
Total number of books I’ve read: 5
Books read: Hot and Heavy, A Kiss for Luck, Along Came a Prince, Happily Never After, Devil to Pay
Today #insixwords: Yassssss! I read all the books!
Things I learned on Twitter: Big, blue aliens and werewolves hold a special place in my heart. Also, I really wanted ice cream while the chat was happening. Mmmm. Ice cream.
Final Tally: One expectant couple, one pining couple, one displaced prince, one smitten vampire, one possessed human

5/10
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 8
Books read: One Grave at a Time, Home for the Holidays, Up From the Grave
Today #insixwords:  Allergies suuuuck. So hard. Hate them.
Things I learned on Twitter: Thanks to the aforementioned allergies, I was absent from social media today. Wallowing. Pining for a time when I wasn't headachy and feeling gross. That said, I did manage to get some books read, so there's that.
Final Tally: One thoroughly hate-filled ghost, one bloody holiday, one epic conclusion

5/11
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 10
Books read: A Grave Girls' Getaway, The Other Half of the Grave
Today #insixwords: A whole lot of vampire lovin'!
Things I learned on Twitter: Look, I managed to get some sprints in on Discord, but that was about it today. *shrug*
Final Tally: One girls' weekend gone awry, one sexy hitman vampire

5/12
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 13
Books read: First Drop of Crimson, Craved by an Alien Warlord, Eternal Kiss of Darkness
Today #insixwords: It's not Friday, bitches. *sad face*
Things I learned on Twitter: Seriously, how is it not Friday. I COULD HAVE SWORN! Anyway. Time has no meaning.
Final Tally: One shapeshifting lady, one battling couple, one incredibly powerful vampire

5/13
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read:  16
Books read: A Gift for the Alien Warrior, Mail Order Mom, Aged for Murder
Today #insixwords: Okay, now it IS Friday. YASSSSS!
Things I learned on Twitter: What is time even? Yeah. I'm really confused about the days of the week and I couldn't tell you AT ALL what I did today. LOL
Final Tally: One seriously honorable alien, one big alien family, one tiny case of murder in the Tuscan countryside

5/14
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 18
Books read: Captured by the Orc, White Lies
Today #insixwords: The weekend means lots of books!
Things I learned on Twitter: Chatting about big blue aliens and #NakedWerewolves (two of my FAVORITE things) with peeps makes my day. ALIEN LOVE!
Final Tally: One larger than life orc, one parasensitive couple

5/15
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 20
Books read: Sizzle and Burn, Sable
Today #insixwords: Whoo-boy. I read ALL THE BOOKS!
Things I learned on Twitter: I was GLORIOUSLY social media free today. Well, except the Discord sprints I ran to try to finish that second to last book. GOOD TIMES!
Final Tally: One high-rezzed couple, one werewolf hunter

Final Thoughts: Discord sprints are FUN! (Yes, I've become a convert to the sprint.) As always, thank you to everyone who participated and joined in the general book chatter. See you next time!

1 comment: