Monday, May 2, 2022

My (Mostly) Secret Baby by Penelope Bloom [Review]

My (Mostly) Secret Baby (My (Mostly) Funny Romance #1) by Penelope Bloom
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: March 16, 2021

My (Mostly) Funny Romance
1. My (Mostly) Secret Baby - Paperback | Kindle
2. My (Mostly) Fake Wedding
3. My (Mostly) Temporary Nanny

Penelope Bloom
| WebsiteAmazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
You know that instinct to run when something bad is coming? Yeah. I apparently missed out on that one.
Because Damon Rose came, and instead of running, I got pregnant.

Damon
Yes. I remember Chelsea Cross.
I remember five years ago when she thought she could handle me.
Proving her wrong was… enjoyable.
With hair I wanted to fist. A mouth that only stopped when I kissed it. A body that I needed to press against the nearest wall and claim.

And now she wants a job.
A smart man would say “no”.
Or, I could teach her the same lesson I taught her five years ago.
She can’t even begin to handle me.

Author’s Note: Buckle up for the ultimate bosshole in this steamy, workplace romantic comedy with a sassy heroine and a stubborn grump who wants to ruin her day.
Thoughts on My (Mostly) Secret Baby: Alright. So Damon's kinda an a-hole when he and Chelsea first meet and Chelsea has ZERO sense of self-control during that first *ahem* explosive encounter and THINGS HAPPEN. But, hey, why not have a quickie in a janitor's closet with a total stranger, amirite? What could possibly go wrong?

HA. Right. Given the title of this book, consequences happen. But Chelsea womans up and deals with it and turns into a pretty darn good mama. Inserting herself back into Damon's life (however unwillingly it might have come about) does NOT change her initial impression of the guy. Until, you know, it does. Because Damon might not be warm and cuddly, but he has his reasons and he has a softer side that occasionally slips its leash. Occasionally.

On Damon's end, he had to learn a hard lesson about mixing business with pleasure and trusting the wrong person with his secrets. His solution is to not be friendly to anyone and let people think the worst of him. Except Chelsea gets under his skin and soon he's making exceptions to his rule about not getting close. Then the bombshell that Chelsea's firecracker kiddo is his drops and suddenly he has to figure out how to be a dad real quick. (Don't worry, he does a-okay on that front.)

A little antagonistic foreplay, a lot of grump, more than a handful of sass and snark. Damon and Chelsea were pretty dang fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment