Friday, June 24, 2022

The Cyborg Merman by Amanda Milo [Review]

The Cyborg Merman by Amanda Milo
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: November 8, 2021

Purchase LinksPaperback | Kindle

Amanda Milo
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
What happens when a merman cyborg steals a human wife?

When my husband dies, leaving me a widow on the frontier planet Traxia, his best friend--a merman-turned-cyborg--decides to offer me his protection.

All I have to do is marry him.

There are good reasons to accept his offer. If I didn’t think with my heart, I’d be wise to say yes. But this cyborg is shrewd and calculating and so clinical. Plus, my husband’s body is barely cold. I just can’t do it.

When I essentially tell him to get bent, he demonstrates why the local cowboys are afraid of him. I didn’t know he possesses the ability to alter areas of my brain--and with no hesitation, he begins exploiting a way to circumvent my flat-out No to his marriage proposal.
Thoughts on The Cyborg Merman: A distant world, a bad situation, and a man who sees only one way he can keep his best friend's wife protected from the vultures circling her ranch. While his way of going about getting Stella's agreement to his proposal is sketchy, C'vest really does have Stella's best interests at heart. He's just alien and a cyborg and his way of going about changing her mind is a wee bit dubious.

That said, C'vest does everything he can both before and after to put Stella's wellbeing first. With her husband's death so recent, she doesn't necessarily jump for joy to suddenly be saddled with a new husband, but she can also see how he's working on making things easy for her. And, well, it doesn't take long before she starts seeing the cyborg merman in a new light.

A hard world with hard rules, a woman without a lot of options, and a man who discovers the joys of EVERYTHING when he sets out on his course. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment