Saturday, August 13, 2022

Bout of Books 35 Starting Line

Bout of Books 35 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily reading sprints (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and being a general slug. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
(As part of my ongoing plan to complete series I started previously and have let linger, most* of the below are books/novellas that will help me close out a series.

*although I miiiight slip in a non-series or a new-to-me series book if the mood hits me.
)
  • Review requests:
    • Extra Witchy by Ann Aguirre - READ & REVIEWED
  • KU reads
    • Mist and Magic by Lindsay Buroker - READ & REVIEWED
    • Her Alien Ex-Con by Michele Mills - READ & REVIEWED
    • Witching for Moxie by Deanna Chase - READ & REVIEWED
    • Witching for Kismet by Deanna Chase - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Blushing Bounder by Meljean Brook - READ & REVIEWED
    • Wrecked by Meljean Brook - READ & REVIEWED
    • Her Alien Bully by Michele Mills - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Facts of Midlife by Robyn Peterman - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • For I Have Sinned by Darynda Jones - READ & REVIEWED
    • Brighter than the Sun by Darynda Jones - READ & REVIEWED
    • Graveyard Shift by Darynda Jones - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Gravedigger's Son by Darynda Jones - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Darkest Captive by Gena Showalter - READ & REVIEWED
Updates

Monday (Day 1)
Number of books read today: 3
Total number of books read: 3
Books read: Her Alien Ex-Con, Mist and Magic, For I Have Sinned
Today #insixwords: Too much work, too little reading
Things I learned on Twitter: #NakedWerewolves are everything. That is all.
Final Tally: One honorable thief, one weary magical assassin, one ghostly encounter

Tuesday (Day 2)
Number of books read today: 2
Total number of books read: 5
Books read: Brighter Than the Sun, Witching for Moxie
Today #insixwords: It was hot and work-like. Gross.
Things I learned on Twitter: Unfortunately, I spent most of the day working. *sad eyes* Therefore, I was mostly social media free.
Final Tally: One devilishly handsome individual, one witchy problem

Wednesday (Day 3)
Number of books read today: 2
Total number of books read: 7
Books read: Witching for Kismet, The Graveyard Shift
Today #insixwords: Work has been kicking my booty.
Things I learned on Twitter: I feel like this is going to go down as the Bout of Books where I was swamped with work. Blerg.
Final Tally: One magical problem, one hellion god-child

Thursday (Day 4)
Number of books read today: 1
Total number of books read: 8
Books read: The Gravedigger's Son
Today #insixwords: Too much work, too few books.
Things I learned on Twitter: I feel like I keep saying the same thing, but work EXPLODED on me this week. In other words, this is a classic case of life happening. So it goes, I guess.
Final Tally: One demon-possessed hunk

Friday (Day 5)
Number of books read today: 3
Total number of books read: 11
Books read: Extra Witchy, The Blushing Bounder, Wrecked
Today #insixwords: It's Friday, my friends! Let's READ!
Things I learned on Twitter: I was social media free today. As I've been most of this BoB. Huh.
Final Tally: One magical lady, one blushing constable, one zombie-tastic adventure

Saturday (Day 6)
Number of books read today: 2
Total number of books read: 13
Books read: Her Alien Bully, The Facts of Midlife
Today #insixwords: It's the weekend! BRING ME BOOKS!
Things I learned on Twitter: *whispers* Bout of BOOks. Heh.
Final Tally: One OTT couple, one immortal confrontation

Sunday (Day 7)
Number of books read today: 1
Total number of books read: 14
Books read: The Darkest Captive
Today #insixwords: How is it Sunday already? DANG!
Things I learned on Twitter: Today was grocery shopping day (and pie making day). Meaning I didn't get as much reading time as I wanted, but a lady's gotta eat, amirite?!?!
Final Tally: One damaged heroine and the demon-possessed man who treasures her

Final Thoughts: Another BoB is in the books! Work was wildly busy for me, but I carved out reading time where I could and I'm pleased with what I accomplished. *fist pump*

3 comments:

  1. YES Naked Werewolves! You've got some great books going on here Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed that you find the time to review all these books as well his week. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry work took so much from you. Awesome that you read and reviewed so many books though!
    One of my goals was to interact with fellow boutofbookers.

    "Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries." – Anne Herbert #quote

    I recently completed the Bout of Books readathon and the latest WEP flash fiction, which are the focus of my latest blog posts.

    Fun fact: August is the only name of a month that's also a popular name among 👶 baby boys.

    J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Reference& Speculative Fiction Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the April Blogging #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete