Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Beauty and the Beefcake by Pippa Grant [Review]

Beauty and the Beefcake (Copper Valley Thrusters #3) by Pippa Grant
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 1, 2022

Copper Valley Thrusters
1. The Pilot and the Puck-Up
2. Royally Pucked
3. Beauty and the Beefcake - Paperback | Kindle
4. Charming as Puck
5. I Pucking Love You

Pippa Grant
| WebsiteAmazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
There are two kinds of women in the world – those I can bang, and those I can’t.
My teammate’s sister?

She’s a can’t.

I moved in with her to protect her from a nasty ex, not to be the next guy in line.

She’s the brains.

I’m the brawn.

She’s the fruit.

I’m the sausage.

She talks too much.

I don’t talk at all, if I don’t have to.

Should be easy to resist her.

But every minute I spend with Felicity is another minute she gets under my skin. She makes me feel like something more than a dumb puckhead with a big Zamboni pony. And it’s getting harder to remember why I need to keep my hands to myself.

Beauty and the Beefcake is a vegan-friendly standalone romantic comedy featuring a hockey player whose vocabulary is the only thing smaller than a hockey puck, a book smart but aimless ventriloquist with too many voices in her head, a dilapidated old house that may or may not be haunted, and no cheating or cliffhangers.
Thoughts on Beauty and the Beefcake: Heh. A lady who talks non-stop (and is a serious creep magnet) and a guy who barely speaks at all. Felicity and Ares. They're pretty darn hilarious. Sure, it's possible Felicity might have multiple personalities tucked away under the guise of her ventriloquism act with her puppets, but she's pretty good at using those personalities to work out her issues. So, you know, that's a plus.

Where Felicity lets it all hang out (relatively speaking), Ares plays everything close to the vest. EVERYTHING. The guy pretends he's a big, dumb hockey player who can barely string a sentence together when he's really not dumb at all. He's focused and can scowl hard enough to strip paint off a car and he's NOT good at giving himself downtime, but he's a sweetheart under those monosyllabic grunts.

And the more time Felicity spends with him, the more she comes to realize it. And the more time Ares spends with her, the more he sees what a brilliant, wonderful person she is. Did I mention that she is a total creep magnet? Because the guys who hit on her (ALL THE TIME) are gross. So gross.

An injury, a bad break-up, a (possible) ghost, an emotional support monkey, a brother trying to protect his sister, and a couple who take a while to admit they might just be what the other needs. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment