Monday, December 27, 2010

Review: Faefever (Fever #3) by Karen Marie Moning

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too.

When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it. Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.
My Thoughts: Holy Hannah!  Could a book kill me any more than this one did?  I find that doubtful.  I really do.  Because this book chewed me up and spit me out and I think it might have rooted itself in my brain.  Yes, plant-like.  I have roots now.  It's not pretty.

Here's the thing, I am loving this series.  Loving it.  Part of me wants to read it slowly so I can draw it out and make it last and discover all the subtle nuances of the characters and plot a piece at a time.  And then there's this big, screaming part of me that LOUDLY informs me that taking things slowly or putting the book down is OUT OF THE QUESTION!  It pushes me.  Hard.  And I love the series so much that I don't put up much of a fight when it tells me that sleep is for the weak and AWESOME PEOPLE READ ALL DAMN NIGHT IF THEY HAVE TO!

Now, it was probably hard to tell from how wishy-washy I was in the above paragraphs, but I pretty much loved this book.  It's gritty and it claws at you and OMG! Barrons is so freaking HOT and I don't know if I can handle the lag time between books 4 and when book 5 is released.

I can't even review this book properly because everything that happens is so everloving important and I refuse to spoil people.  I refuse.  So I'm going to end this by saying that this series is gorgeous.  After three books I can honestly say that there is no filler in here.  Everything that happens is well laid out and the mythology is mind-boggling (plus it reminds me of how much I love Celtic mythology) and OMG! WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS REVIEW? GO OUT AND PROCURE A COPY OF ALL THESE BOOKS FOR YOURSELF AND SEE WHY ALL CAPS IS SO VITAL TO ME RIGHT NOW!

Book 1: Darkfever
Book 2: Bloodfever

More books by Karen Marie Moning

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment