Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Review: Angelic (Women of the Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
As a half-demon master of the dark arts, Eve Levine isn’t what anyone would call angelic.

That’s exactly why the Fates chose her for the job. She’s their secret weapon against the forces of evil. However after five years, Eve is tired of being the designated rebel of the angel corps, expected to break the rules, then penalized for it. When the leaderless djinn stage an uprising, Eve sees the perfect chance to get herself fired. As she plunges deeper into the demon world, though, she realizes she’s in danger of losing a lot more than her job. 
My Thoughts:  I'm going to start by saying that I love Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. Love it. I have ridiculous amounts of love for it. I would shower it with rose petals if I could. And if it didn't make me sound like a creepy stalker. Having said that, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you haven't read the WotO series and you decide to dive into this book anyway you're going to be wondering who all these wonderful characters are.

The book itself is a fun little ride with Eve on one of her missions for the Fates. As always, Eve is being her usual self- getting herself into trouble and using her wits and ample magical abilities to work her way back out. She breaks rules left and right but she's willing to face the consequences of her actions, which is refreshing since she's a dark witch and they're usually portrayed as being all about wiggling their way out of consequences.

For all her practicing of the dark arts and consorting with various shady characters, Eve's really a good person at heart. She sees things through from beginning to end and she's fiercely loyal.

What can I say? I like my good guys a little dark sometimes.

Other reviews in this series:
Book #11: Waking the Witch

More books by Kelley Armstrong

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment