Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I'm a time pirate—born in 1810, now a 21st-century woman. I travel through time trying to right wrongs without disrupting the fragile balance between what is and what can never be.

That's why it's vital that I go to 1836 and find the man who conned my brother out of his Time Travel Mechanism as quickly as possible. If the technology falls into the wrong hands, it could change the world as we know it. The notorious Duke of Leister definitely qualifies as the wrong hands. An amateur scientist of the slightly mad variety, he's bound to figure out how to use the TTM sooner rather than later.

I knew this wouldn't be easy. But I wasn't counting on him being as sexy as hell. Or winding up chained to his bed…
My Thoughts: OMG! TIME PIRATES!  Do you guys know what happens when I talk about PIRATES?!?!  I get to pull out my bizarre, encyclopedic knowledge of scurvy and EDUCATE YOU!  What?  These aren't those type of pirates?  Well, pooh.  Now what am I going to do with my pie charts and other various visual aids?  *slinks off*

Okay, fine.  I'll be serious.  Because time travel and steampunk are all about the serious.  Or at least I enjoy both of them waaaay to much.

Since we've already established that I have a thing for pirates (time or otherwise) and steampunk is the wave of the future (at least in my book) and mad scientists make my heart pound (especially when they're HOT mad scientists), you've probably already figured out that I liked this book.  Indeed.  It's short but it has sass.  Anytime you can throw in references to Starbucks and string bikinis in a book set in the 1800s you pretty much have me.  Plus, and I'm not saying this actually happened, mind you, but there might have been a moment or two during the reading of this story where I teared up.  Might have been.  If it did happen it was solely due to the injustices that poor Dev was forced to endure.  I'm a sucker for big guys brought down by things they can't control.

Sad, sweet, romantic and full of time traveling PIRATES, The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale was a quick, fun read that hit the spot.  Scurvy not included.

More books by Christine Bell

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment