Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review: A Demon's Desire by Lizzy Ford

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Emma crossed paths with a black witch in an ill-fated love triangle that ended in Emma fleeing and the death of the man they both loved. Two years later, the witch is seeking revenge and strikes against Emma’s family. Emma turns to the only person who can help her: a man rumored to be half-demon with the power to control the shadows. Tristan agrees to help her lift the curse on her family but isn’t prepared for what he finds hidden in Emma’s secrets.
My Thoughts:  I picked this book without reading the synopsis because I pretty much loooooove anything Lizzy Ford writes.  True story, I tried to get a few of her other books to date me but they all turned me down.  Jerks.  Anyway.  I picked this one up without reading the synopsis and I was all aghast in the first chapter thinking that the main character might be an evil, human-sacrificing witch.  However, I put my trust in Lizzy and it turned out the female MC wasn't an evil, human-sacrificing witch! It was the bad guy who was into that!  YAY! for not having the good guys sacrificing people!

So. Now that I've raved about the non-sacrificing main characters (YAY!), I would like to announce that I liked both Emma and Tristan.  She's worn down by the curse on her family, he holds himself apart from those around him.  She's still dealing with the awful ending to her last relationship, he doesn't get involved with women because he fears rejection.  Frankly, the two of them are so cute together.  Oh, and Tristan keeps a blind dog as a pet.  I think I fell for him as soon as that was revealed.

A quick read with plenty of emotion and action, I was captivated from beginning to end.  I'm not asking this one out on a date, though. I can't handle any more rejection.

More books by Lizzy Ford

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment