Friday, May 25, 2012

Review: Frank and the Werewolf Tamer by Tracey H. Kitts

Frank and the Werewolf Tamer by Tracey H. Kitts
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Katherine has had a hard time finding work, mostly because she’s a vampire. Turns out, people aren’t clamoring to work with the undead. She goes to the massive theme park, Notte Oscura, as a last resort. What Katherine doesn’t realize is, there’s a lot more waiting for her than just a job.
My Thoughts: This is one of those books where I was expecting to be entertained (naturally. I don't read books that I don't think will entertain me) and I ended up really, really enjoying it. More than I thought I would. Don't you love that?

While the romance angle moved quickly, I liked the way the characters interacted and thought that the ease in which they fell into a relationship worked nicely. And it wasn't just Frank and Katherine that I liked. I loved the entire ensemble. All those background people made the story come alive. From Katherine's introduction into the theme park and meeting with Frank to the lap dance she gave him on the dance floor to her exploration of what she can do with her vampiric gift, I just liked the way she melded into Frank's group and was accepted by them for who she was.

Probably the only thing that gave me a sad face was that it doesn't look like there are any more books set in this world. With all the characters that were introduced, I can imagine a lot of different story lines that can be spun off this and I'd love to read more.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to stalk Tracey H. Kitts' backlist.

Author Links
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Kindle |

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

6 comments:

  1. My first thought after seeing the title was: do werewolves need to be tamed?

    Also, does this mean there were #NakedWerewolves in the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there is an instance or two of #NakedWerewolves BUT this book isn't about werewolves. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??

      Delete
    2. *falls over* NO I CANNOT BELIEVE SUCH A THING!

      Delete
    3. *picks you up* IT'S TRUE! She's the werewolf tamer for the show at the theme park but he's NOT A WEREWOLF!

      Delete
  2. That cover is creepy to me. She looks to young to be in such an embrace with the hooded mystery man. lol. Anywho, glad the story surprised you in a good way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she's s vamp, so she's not quite as young as she looks and he's ... not a vamp. He is mysterious and hooded. *high five*

      Delete