Friday, September 19, 2014

The Kraken King Part VII: The Kraken King and the Empress's Eyes by Meljean Brook [Review]

The Kraken King and the Empress's Eyes by Meljean Brook
The Kraken King and the Empress's Eyes (Iron Seas #4.7) by Meljean Brook
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 27, 2014

Iron Seas
0.5. Here There Be Monsters
1. The Iron Duke
2. Heart of Steel
3. Riveted
4.1. The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster
4.2. The Kraken King and the Abominable Worm
4.3. The Kraken King and the Fox's Den
4.4. The Kraken King and the Inevitable Abduction
4.5. The Kraken King and the Iron Heart
4.6. The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls
4.7. The Kraken King and the Empress's Eyes - Kindle
4.8. The Kraken King and the Greatest Adventure

Meljean Brook
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
In the imperial city, nothing escapes the attention of the empress’s spies. After a visit from an old friend rekindles her every fear, Zenobia must decide whether to trust Ariq with her heart—and the Kraken King must decide whether he can ever let her go.

But when danger invades their lovers’ sanctuary, Ariq and Zenobia will have to put aside their troubled emotions. Outwitting their enemies and the Empress will be no easy feat. Luckily, they have a few allies waiting in the wings…
Thoughts on The Kraken King and the Empress's Eyes: OMG! This installment rocked my socks off. Danger! Heartfelt declarations! MORE DANGER! I have a serious case of flaily hands right now. Not right now, right now because I'm typing, but I had them as I was reading. Which makes holding my ereader dangerous. WAIT! IT'S LIKE I'M LIVING THE ADVENTURES IN THE BOOK!

So. I'm having some mixed emotions about the Empress and her way of doing things. While I totally understand her desire to keep her people and her empire safe, I'm not enamored of the way she gets things done. And I REALLY can't wait to see how Zenobia uses what is done as fuel for her next story.

Meanwhile, Zenobia and Ariq are so, so perfect together. They have communication mishaps, but they're both willing to work out their differences and try to see where the other is coming from. I <3 them so hard.

Yeah, I'm still crazy about this world, these characters, and the awful, wonderful things they experience. I pretty much don't want this book to end. *stares sadly at the final chapter remaining*

No comments:

Post a Comment