Thursday, August 4, 2016

Lie Down with Dogs by Hailey Edwards [Review]

Lie Down with Dogs by Hailey Edwards
Lie Down with Dogs (Black Dog #3) by Hailey Edwards
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 1, 2016

Black Dog
1. Dog with a Bone
1.5. Dog Days of Summer
2. Heir of the Dog
3. Lie Down with Dogs  - Paperback | Kindle
4. Old Dogs, New Tricks
Thrown to the Wolves and Other Stories

Hailey Edwards
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
With tentative peace established in Faerie, Thierry returns to her job as a conclave marshal in Texas while the countdown to her coronation begins. But what happens in Faerie doesn't always stay in Faerie. A crown wasn't Theirry's only souvenir from her trip. Her new husband, Rook, is scheming again, and this time his plans are invading her dreams.

When her best friend throws a beachside going away party, Thierry is grateful for the distraction from Rook...and from Shaw. But her presence in Daytona rouses an old evil, one who wants the future queen as the crown jewel of his private collection.
Thoughts on Lie Down with Dogs: OMG! These books are killing me. In a good way. In a "can I squeeze in one more tonight or should I think about getting sleep at some point?" sort of way. (Answer: I can at least START the next book. I might not finish it, but I can TRY!)

Thierry and Shaw and OMG! YES! I'm not saying I agreed with some of the choices he made, but I'm glad things are finally getting ironed out between them. I mean, at least they're communicating, right? Communication is KEY. Especially when you can drink someone's soul down and need them to keep you from going into a feeding frenzy. (That goes for both those whacky soul-suckers. They have some serious mojo between them.)

Things are coming to a head. As always, Thierry finds herself in a dangerous situation without quite meaning to. Her family life in complicated. Her love life is even more complicated. Her sorta-husband isn't winning any personality points from me despite the fact he wasn't as as Liar McLiarpants as last time. And that cat. Cat, you surprised me. I'll leave it at that.

I have a few hours before I have to be semi-alert and in a working environment. I can totally get book 4 started.

No comments:

Post a Comment