Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Review: Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires #9) by Rachel Caine

Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires #9) by Rachel Caine
Format: paperback
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: 2010

Morganville Vampires
1. Glass Houses
2. The Dead Girls' Dance
3. Midnight Alley
4. Feast of Fools
5. Lord of Misrule
6. Carpe Corpus
7. Fade Out
8. Kiss of Death
9. Ghost Town - Paperback | Kindle
10. Bite Club
11. Last Breath [Serial Killers review]
12. Black Dawn
13. Bitter Blood
14. Fall of Night
15. Daylighters

Rachel Caine
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
The fragile peace between humans and vampires in Morganville is in trouble, and when Claire takes drastic action, she's put under serious pressure to re-establish the barriers that keep the town residents inside, and wipe the memories of those who leave. But working with her half-crazy vampire boss Myrnin means that things don't always turn out as planned ... and as the people of Morganville begin acting strangely, Claire and her friends must solve the mystery and try to put things right. But one by one, her allies are turning on her ... even the ones she trusts most.
My Thoughts: One of the things that I've consistently enjoyed about this series is that I don't ever feel like I'm overwhelmed by how heavy the reading is.  Is it because the writing is extremely accessible?  Is it because the plot is very fast-paced?  Maybe it's both.  I just know that I sit down to read these and I come out of it with a smile.

Part of it comes from the characters.  Claire is strong, smart and brave.  She is willing to put herself on the line consistently for those around her.  Not just her friends.  Everyone in town.  For Myrnin.  For Amelie.  Even for Oliver, who she mostly loathes.

I really enjoyed the arc in this book.  It took the events of the last two books and made them mean something.  And we were given resolution to several little threads that had been hanging around.  That's always nice.  The characters, especially Claire, continue to grow.  Even the vampires are branching out and trying to change.

I loved the book, I love the series.  I'm eager for MV #10.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment