Monday, February 21, 2011

Review: The Chosen Sin by Anya Bast

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
The Chosen are vampires fighting for their very existence. It is Daria Morris’s destiny to become one of them…

Daria is a special forces agent with one obsession: to wreak vengeance on the vampire who nearly destroyed her. But to succeed, she must become something she detests: a vampire. Her fate rests upon Alejandro Martinez, a sexy vampire with whom she once shared an unforgettable night of scorching passion.

Now, while Daria struggles against her newfound bloodlust, the two must slip into the shadows to bring a monster to justice—even as their desire threatens to consume them…
My Thoughts: I'm not really sure how I feel about this book.  There was nothing exactly wrong about it, but I never found myself caring whether our heroes were going to get out of their situation in one piece.  I'm also torn about the bad guy.  There were times when he came across as an amoral killer who reveled in his bloodlust and then there were times when he was portrayed as a man wracked by guilt over what he's done.  Instead of making me relate to him, as I think it was trying to do, it just made me confused.

Honestly, there's nothing I can put my finger on (other than the confusion inducing bad guy) as to why I didn't enjoy this book as much as I think I should have.  It took me a long time to get into and a long time to get back into when I put it down.  I never really connected with any of the characters.  Daria's emotional flip-flopping was hard to stomach.  The only character who had any fire in him was Alejandro and he couldn't carry the entire book on his own.  Unfortunately.

Bottom line: okay, but nothing fantastic.

More books by Anya Bast

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment