Friday, April 22, 2011

Quickie Review: Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles) by Colleen Gleason

Synopsis (Goodreads):
A short story introducing readers to the Gardella Vampire Chronicles.

1820: Victoria Gardella tries to enjoy a ball with her new beau, Lord Rockley--but when bloodthirsty vampires come upon the scene, she must leave the fun in order to employ her stake along- side a grim Max Pesaro (vampire slayer) and the mysterious Sebastian Vioget.
My Thoughts: Not having read any of the books in Colleen Gleason's Gardella Vampire series, I can't say how this one ties in or if it adds anything to the characters, but I can say that I enjoyed it.  The downside to it is that it's a very, very short story.  In fact, I feel like the characters were just starting to hit their groove when the story was over.  Which says to me that it did a pretty darn good job of whetting my appetite for more.

I've also decided that thanks to Colleen Gleason I now want to read many books involving a masquerade ball and semi-anonymous meetings in dark corners.  Be they sexy or otherwise.  There's something about the idea that makes me smile.

So.  To me, this was an intriguing introduction to the life of Victoria Gardella.  Intriguing enough that I want to see how things turn out for her and her bevy of men.

More books by Colleen Gleason

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment