Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Review: Bite Club (Morganville Vampires #10) by Rachel Caine

Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires #10) by Rachel Caine
Format: paperback
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: 2011

Morganville Vampires
1. Glass Houses
2. The Dead Girls' Dance
3. Midnight Alley
4. Feast of Fools
5. Lord of Misrule
6. Carpe Corpus
7. Fade Out
8. Kiss of Death
9. Ghost Town
10. Bite Club - Paperback | Kindle
11. Last Breath [Serial Killers review]
12. Black Dawn
13. Bitter Blood
14. Fall of Night
15. Daylighters

Rachel Caine
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
After discovering that vampires populate her town, college student Claire Danvers knows that the undead just want to live their lives. But someone else wants them to get ready to rumble.

There's a new extreme sport getting picked up on the Internet: bare- knuckle fights pitting captured vampires against each other-or humans. Tracking the remote signal leads Claire- accompanied by her friends and frenemies-to discover that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville...
My Thoughts: I've really, really enjoyed this series since the first book.  It has great characters, a properly creepy town (I'd die if I lived there, FYI) and the perfect amount of blood and guts.  Oh, and there are those vampires.  I like vampires.  I like it when they're bite-y and cuddly and when they're plotting world domination.  Heck, I like them any darn way I can get them.

This book hit me particularly hard because Claire and Shane's relationship has been such a mainstay in the previous books.  I had a couple of times where I had to put the book down and walk away because they were KILLING ME with their actions.  This is the good type of putting down and walking away.  The type where you need a second to catch your breath before you can dive back in to their world.

I loved that we got parts of the story from Shane's point of view.  Getting into his head was eye-opening.  Seeing his perspective on the rage that bubbles inside him was... sad, I guess.  His sister's death was such a pivotal moment for him and it's something that's colored every aspect of his life.  He hasn't forgiven himself or managed to get past it.  It's heartbreaking, really.

As always, Myrnin was full of fabulosity, Oliver was shifty, Amelie was coldly strong and the residents of Glass House were in the middle of all the wacky shenanigans.  I honestly love the world and characters that Rachel Caine has created.  I'm finding that I just can't get enough of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment