Friday, May 27, 2011

Review: Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely #3) by Melissa Marr

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Aislinn never expected to rule in Faerie--but that was before Keenan stole her mortality to make her a monarch. Now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever dreamed of.

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone--but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he's ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on a new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.
My Thoughts:  I've loved this series since the first book.  I love that there's no good side or bad side to the faery courts.  The Summer King will hide the truth from his Queen to let his court grow in strength.  The Dark King will protect a mortal if he sees worth in them.  The Winter Queen will forsake her one true love is it means keeping her faeries safe.  No matter what aspect of faery they embody, they're all capable of both kindness and cruelty.  There's something so wonderful in that.

I adore Seth and Ash together.  I keep examining their story and wondering how they're going to end up with a happy ending.  And maybe they won't.  I can't see how Donia and Keenan can work past their relationship issues.  I want Niall and Irial and Leslie to find happiness together but it seems so impossible.  Perhaps it is.  I don't know.  I just know that I like watching the balancing act each of these characters brings to the story and I'm continually surprised at how the events play out.

A solid entry into the overall series arc that sets up a whole slew of things for later books.  Seth's decisions here look like they'll have lasting and unintended consequences- whether good or bad- for all of Faery.  I have the final two books in the series queued up and ready to go to see how it all ends.

Other reviews in this series:
Book 1: Wicked Lovely
Book 2: Ink Exchange
Short Story 2.5: Stopping Time

More books by Melissa Marr

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment