Sunday, June 12, 2011

Review: Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6) by Kresley Cole

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Cadeon Woede will stop at nothing to atone for the one wrong that will haunt him forever. But once he secures the key to his redemption, the halfling Holly Ashwin, Cade finds that the woman he thought he could use for his own ends and then forget haunts him as much as his past.

A tormented warrior she should fear, but can't deny...
Raised as a human, Holly never knew that some frightening legends are real until she encounters a brutal demon who inexplicably guards her like a treasure. Thrust into a sensual new world of myth and power, with him as her protector, she begins to crave the demon's wicked touch.

Surrender to dark desires...
Yet just when he earns Holly's trust, will Cade be forced to betray the only woman who can sate his wildest needs -- and claim his heart?
My Thoughts:  This series remains delectably entertaining, highly amusing and sexy as hell.  I adore the different factions we're meeting throughout all these books and I'm still totally in love with the overlapping timelines we're getting from book to book.

In case you couldn't decode my flailing and subsonic noises, I loved this book.  I thought the reasoning behind why Holly was still a virgin was brilliant.  I thought Cade's semi-obnoxious, totally crude innuendo was fabulous.  I thought that his slow breaking down of the mental walls she'd erected to preserve her innocence was well done (I do like it when those innocent minds get sullied, you know).  I just... liked the book.

Randomly, I want to say that this series is like the light-hearted sibling of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunters series.  I definitely mean that in a good way, too.  It has this really big, epic feel, loads of characters, and the overall arc is moving toward a big event that feels like it's going to shake the mythology up.  I love both of the series, but IAD isn't quite as angsty as those poor DHs.

And now the eternal question that those of us with massive TBR piles face every day: Do I break down and buy the rest of this series (one which I'm enjoying immensely and desperately want to read more of) or do I gird my loins, dive into one of the other series that I'm enjoying and take a small break from these delicious Immortals?  I don't know what to do!

Other reviews in this series:
Book 1: The Warlord Wants Forever
Book 2: A Hunger Like No Other
Book 3: No Rest for the Wicked
Book 4: Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
Book 5: Dark Needs at Night's Edge

More books by Kresley Cole

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Woede Brothers..hehe,,,Ive read the the first 7 books..I need to catch up and get the others ...I might want to re-read just so I can start from the beginning,,My favorite so far was #5 a Vampire and a Ghost,,who would of thought..
    this was a great review thanks for sharing
    jen

    ReplyDelete