Monday, September 12, 2011

Review: Vampires Drool! Zombies Rule! by Rusty Fischer

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Lucy Frost must battle the vampires and her fellow zombies to protect one innocent mortal in a REAL clash of the titans!
My Thoughts: This is one of those light-hearted reads that you zip right through and reach the end smiling about.  Now, the fact that the main character is a zombie and she manages to make light of her afterlife is what makes this book shine.

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I haven't come across a lot of books with zombies as main characters.  I liked it.  I liked that Lucy had these supernatural rules had to live by.  I liked that she was able to live like a normal girl for the most part.  I mean, sure, she has to cake on the makeup to hide her skin color and she can't touch anyone or they'll feel her decidedly not-living temperature, but she's normal in every other respect.  Well, I guess she does have some super strength.  And she doesn't sleep.  And she has to occasionally ingest brain matter.  But other than all THAT, she's just like a normal girl.

Anyway.  This book is funny and fast and Lucy is pretty cool.  She sticks to her guns when the chips are down and she learns that friends can come in all shapes and sizes.  I loved the AV kids (lightsaber references crack me up every time) and the ending is left nicely open ended.  Meaning, Rusty Fischer, that I would be on the zombie train if you decided to write more about Lucy and her crew.

More books by Rusty Fischer

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment