Thursday, January 5, 2012

Quickie Review: Gypsy Nights by Mandy M. Roth

Synopsis (Goodreads):
In the midst of a war between good and evil, a new type of vampire surfaced-one capable of compassion, love, remorse. Sebastian disobeyed orders, saving a pregnant gypsy carrying the child foretold to one day mate with a demon, forming a union that would end the war between their races.

Thirty years later, that child, Gitana, is now a very desirable woman. As Sebastian's cold heart begins to beat again, he is driven by an undeniable need to claim her-in a strange twist of fate, he is her demon. But during the claiming, Gitana inherits Sebastian's inner demon and is thrust into a web of insatiable lust. Complicating matters is Gitana's ex, a vengeful werewolf who'll stop at nothing to have her back.
My Thoughts: I enjoyed this book. It was short enough to be read in one sitting and steamy enough to make me grin.  The downside to the length is that I felt like there could have been more here - more of the prophecy, more of how and why Gitana and Sebastian changed one another, more of what drove Sebastian to be so different from the others of his kind - but I was still pleased with what we got.

Sexy and fast-paced, this is one of those books you want to read when you need something to lose yourself in for a while.

More books by Mandy M. Roth

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

  1. Was this novella length? I dislike when books are short and could have been longer. It's like a lost opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was novella length. I don' mind novellas for the most part but I wanted MORE with this one.

    ReplyDelete