Saturday, January 28, 2012

Zane's Way (O'Malley Wild #1) by Maggie Casper

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Serena Keller yearns for more than the vanilla relationship she has with her long-term live-in lover, Zane O'Malley. Fear of Zane's reaction to her naughty submissive fantasies has kept Serena from admitting to Zane what her body craves.

What would Zane think if he knew that Serena longed to feel the flat of a man's hand against the bare skin of her bottom? Would he be disgusted to learn that she becomes aroused merely by the thought of being bound?

The past four years of Zane's life has been spent hiding his dominant sexual side from smart and sassy Serena. It has taken every ounce of his willpower to refrain from showing Serena the darker side of love. When his control finally slips, Zane can't hold back his sexual beast. He finds himself unable to rein in his desire for a submissive woman.

As Zane finally reaches his breaking point, he places an online singles ad looking for the perfect companion. A woman with a will of her own who is willing to give up all control behind closed doors.

The boundaries between fantasy and reality will be tested once they start doing things Zane's Way.
My Thoughts: I originally started reading this one because I was looking for something saucy and sexy. While the sex was creative and fun, it felt like it took a long time - with a lot of internal dialogue where the characters lamented the fact that they were in a relationship that didn't fulfill them - before Serena and Zane finally came clean with one another and admitted that they want a D/s relationship. The internal back and forth really slowed down the first half of the book, in my opinion, and I felt like we kept retreading the same ground over and over again.

Now, I have no issue whatsoever with the D/s aspects of this story. I did, however, have a big of a cringe when both Serena and Zane virtually cheated on one another. Although the argument could be made that they didn't physically cheat and they had both made it clear that they were in relationships when they began conversing online, it still felt like cheating to me. That said, I think they were both very forgiving of one another. As in, I don't think I could have just accepted it. But that's just me.

While the beginning of the book moved slowly, things started to heat up once they both began being honest with one another with what they wanted. The sex was nicely steamy, it was just a matter of wading through the beginning. Still, hot Dom sex. That almost says it all.

More books by Maggie Casper

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

  1. I keep staring at the cover. It perplexes me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I think it's because it looks so... cartoony(?) or painted. Or something.

      Delete