Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Review: Colters' Promise by Maya Banks

Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy #4) by Maya Banks
Synopsis (Goodreads):
When it came to overcoming the odds of a tragic past, Lily was determined to move on. The three Colter brothers helped her do it. They taught her new ways to love, new dreams to share, and offered her a new life that she never thought possible. Now is a time for celebration, and what better way than with a long-awaited family reunion, a homecoming that will bring together the entire Colter family and a few surprises no one anticipated.

But first, there’s something from Lily’s past she still needs to reconcile—even when all the while she is holding close to her heart a newfound secret that will change her future, forever enrich the Colter legacy, and make every promise come true.
My Thoughts: Maya Banks is full of awesome. She creates these characters that make me smile. I'm coming into this series with book 4 and I still felt like I knew these people from page 1. They're just *cuddles them all* so lovely.

At heart, this is a book about family. The relationships might be a bit unconventional but they love each other like there's no tomorrow. It's sweet and beautiful. This book follows the Colter mama and her three husbands, the three Colter sons and their special lady, and the Colter daughter and her Dom husband. They're all loud and boisterous. They all adore one another. Mama Colter is thrilled to have all her children and their respective mates home for Christmas.

This book felt like a sweet epilogue to the entire series. While there is the potential for Max's sister's story to be told (there were some hints dropped about how she wanted the love and understanding that the others had), this story ended beautifully. Would I have enjoyed this more if I had read all the previous books? Probably. Did I love it anyway? Yes, indeed.

Books in this series
1. Colters' Woman
1.1. Colters' Wife
2. Colters' Lady
3. Colters' Daughter
4. Colters' Promise - Paperback | Kindle

Author Links
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

10 comments:

  1. Honest to glob, I keep eyeing the two Maya Banks books I've got and thinking about how much you love her and her books. I may have to move past this eyeing thing and make a move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first in this series on my Nook. It's been there since...oh...Last Feburary. Really that's not so old in the grand scheme of things. I've only done Banks' pregnancy and passion series (oh yeah, it was a whim! don't judge.) and I'll admit the writing didn't blow me away. I've been dragging my heels with the Colter series ever since...Should I try a different Banks book instead? I know people really love her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read her highland historical series first (In Bed with a Highlander - McCabe Trilogy #1) and I was ENRAPTURED by it. There was all this emotion and it made me a little weepy and I loved it.

      Ha. Now that I'm looking at it, the bulk of what I've read have been her Highland historicals. So.. Hey! Try one of those because I think they rock!

      Delete
  3. These are the only ones I haven't read but I agree her writing is da bomb! Everyone should experience Maya at some time in their lives :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to give her KGI series a spin. Sexy covers and danger! Suh-weet!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read ANY Maya Banks yet and I own two of her books. I really must change this!

    ReplyDelete