Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Review: Apocalyptic Moon by Eva Gordon

Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane) by Eva Gordon
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Dr. Dora Adler's life has been in disarray since the beginning of the zombie apocalypse, but when she gets bitten by one of the undead, her whole world is turned upside down. Held captive in a secret underground lab, the tall, muscular hunk in the next cell is her only hope for salvation. Unfortunately, he claims to be a werewolf. Yeah, and she's supposedly a witch.

Dirk Gunderson is an alpha Arbor pack werewolf. Captured and collared, he's sold to the zombie lab in hopes his blood serum can create a vaccine. He needs to escape, but not without the hot little brunette witch.

In the midst of enemy werewolves and the hordes of undead, Dirk and Dora's sexual tension ignites a blaze hotter than the desert highway. Along their journey, they battle the inevitable: a werewolf must never take a witch as a mate.
My Thoughts: Things I have a weakness for: Werewolves (especially #NakedWerewolves), Witches, Zombies, and Post-Apocalyptic civilizations. What does this book have? ALL THOSE THINGS! If an amnesiac vampire who was mysteriously snowed in with me FORCING us to share body heat had shown up, I THINK I WOULD HAVE DIED OF ALL THE AWESOME! Good thing that last part didn't happen. I'm not ready to shuck off this mortal coil and all that jazz.

Anyway. This book rocked my socks off. The world is big and nasty. Ravenous zombies are never a fun thing to run across, in my opinion. The shifters are divided between those that are honorable and those that are creepy fanatics. There are pockets of human survivors doing their best to keep on living in this messed up world. Bad things happen to good people. As it turns out, bad things also happen to bad people. Which is good. Because bad guys are bad.

Dirk and Dora have one of those fast igniting romances that I tend to like. The attraction flares quickly and they're left scrambling to figure out if they can make things work in a world that's been turned inside out. The chemistry between them is downright smokin' and Dirk's whole "MINE" thing made me grin like a fool.

There were a few parts that felt a little muddled - mostly with the world building for the shifters. We were given a lot of information early on that didn't start to make sense until later on in the book. Did this distract from my overall enjoyment? Not really because I was enthralled by the zombies and MASSIVE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION taking place in the world, but I did make note of it.

Bottom line: Very fun, complex world with plenty of bad guys and A LOT of potential for more story lines down the road. I'm totally falling all over myself even without the amnesiac vampire. I think that says something.

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Eva Gordon
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Paperback | Kindle |

No comments:

Post a Comment