Saturday, November 15, 2014

I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre [Review]

I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre
I Want It That Way (2B Trilogy #1) by Ann Aguirre
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: September 21, 2014

2B Trilogy
1. I Want It That Way - Paperback | Kindle
2. As Long As You Love Me
3. The Shape of My Heart

Ann Aguirre
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Nadia Conrad has big dreams, and she's determined to make them come true—for her parents' sake as well as her own. But between maintaining her college scholarship and working at the local day care to support herself, she barely has time to think, let alone date. Then she moves into a new apartment and meets the taciturn yet irresistible guy in 1B….

Daniel Tyler has grown up too fast. Becoming a single dad at twenty turned his life upside down—and brought him heartache he can't risk again. Now, as he raises his four-year-old son while balancing a full-time construction management job and night classes, a social life is out of the question. The last thing he wants is for four noisy students to move into the apartment upstairs. But one night, Nadia's and Ty's paths cross, and soon they can't stay away from each other.

The timing is all wrong—but love happens when it happens. And you can't know what you truly need until you stand to lose it.
Thoughts on I Want It That Way: **Kelly's note: Just to be contrary, I read book 2 first. Because I'm totally a rebel like that. *finger guns* Right. So reading them out of order was kinda odd because parts of this book overlap with book 2. That said, it didn't detract from the experience. However, if you want to wallow in the full awesomeness, read them in the proper order.**

So. Nadia and Ty. I dig these two. They have the flash-bang attraction, but circumstances keep them from acting on it. Ty takes his single daddyhood very seriously. And I love that. Heck, I GET that. He makes the decision to put his son first and pushes his own needs to the back. Finding out the story about how he became a single father is painful. The way he blames himself for it - painful.

I didn't love that he was beating himself up over what happened, but I get it. Because when you're in the middle of something like that, it's hard to see the big picture. It's hard to see that denying yourself isn't the answer. And he was certainly denying himself of Nadia. You know, until he wasn't.

Nadia has it fairly easy as things go. She's doing what she wants to do and she's making things happen. Sure, she's tired and strung out from school and her job, but she's making it work. I liked her with Ty. I liked the way they smoothed out the edges in the other.

While the romance moves slowly, it was sweet and dirty enough to keep me entertained. There were times I wanted to give both Nadia and Ty a good shake, but I loved the dynamic between them. Honestly, Mr. Hot Ginger and his exhaustion won me over from the first time he was on page. The guy deserved to find someone who appreciated him and I enjoyed seeing him and Nadia find their happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment