Thursday, November 13, 2014

Tethered by Meljean Brook [Review]

Tethered by Meljean Brook
Tethered (Iron Seas #2.5) by Meljean Brook
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: August 20, 2014

Iron Seas
0.4. The Blushing Bounder
0.5. Here There Be Monsters
1. The Iron Duke
1.5. Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City
2. Heart of Steel
2.5. Tethered - Kindle
3. Riveted
3.4. Wrecked
3.5. Salvage
4. The Kraken King

Meljean Brook
| WebsiteAmazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Surviving on the treacherous Iron Seas requires a heart of steel…but how can Yasmeen hope to survive when her heart has already been stolen by Archimedes Fox…?

Tethered along the south dock of Port Fallow, Captain Yasmeen Corsair’s magnificent new airship, Lady Nergüi, awaits its departure with adventurer and treasure-hunter Archimedes Fox. But this time, Yasmeen, a fearless mercenary who has always prided herself on a heart of steel, has reasons to worry when Miles Bilson, an acquaintance from Archimedes’ earlier smuggling days, sends an urgent message requesting help.

With a past marked by betrayal, Archimedes wonders what his former partner could want—other than revenge. Yasmeen fears that Bilson could threaten everything Archimedes holds dear. Though both Archimedes and Yasmeen love the exhilaration of veering wildly off course, neither is prepared for where there newest risk will take them…or what it might cost them.
Thoughts on Tethered: Holy Hannah. Whenever I dip my toes in this world, I go all flaily over it. In fact, I'm considering doing a full series reread just so I can wallow in it for as long as humanly possible. *wallows contentedly*

In case you missed my blatant fangirling, I kinda dig this series. This novella gives us another peek into the lives (and deep love) of Archimedes and Yasmeen. Man, those two do it for me. They're so unabashedly taken with one another. Yasmeen might have to put on a tough face in front of her crew and those she deals with, but her devotion to Archimedes (and he to her) is plain. Heck, she gives him liberties with her SHIP. For an airship captain, there's no greater sign of love than that right there.

Archimedes amuses me. His over the top personality allows him to be demonstrative in ways that Yasmeen isn't. His deep respect for his lady is a beautiful thing. The way he gets turned on by Yasmeen's harder side is fantastic. Frankly, those two are just meant for each other. They're adorably cutthroat when they need to be and so SO supportive of one another.

Yeah, I have my fangirl flag hoisted. It was inevitable, really. I mean, how can I resist a rough and tumble lady mercenary and the man who captured her heart? I can't. I can't.

2 comments:

  1. This series has been on my to-read list since I read your first review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series. LOVE IT. Every time I pick up something new in this world I get invested all over again.

      Delete