Monday, July 31, 2017

Beard Science by Penny Reid [Review]

Beard Science by Penny Reid
Beard Science (Winston Brothers #3) by Penny Reid
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 18, 2017

Winston Brothers
0.5. Beauty and the Mustache
1. Truth or Beard
2. Grin and Beard It
3. Beard SciencePaperback | Kindle
4. Beard in Mind
4.5. Beard in Hiding
5. Dr. Strange Beard
6. Beard with Me
7. Beard Necessities

Penny Reid
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Make a deal with the devil and you might get what you want, but will it be what you need?

Jennifer Sylvester wants one thing, and that one thing is NOT to be Tennessee’s reigning Banana Cake Queen. Ever the perpetual good girl and obedient daughter, Jennifer is buckling under the weight of her social media celebrity, her mother’s ambitions, and her father’s puritanical mandates. Jennifer is officially desperate.

And desperate times call for Cletus Winston.

Cletus Winston is a puzzle wrapped in a mystery covered in conundrum sauce, and now he’s in a pickle. Despite being convinced of his own omniscience, extortion by the exalted Banana Cake Queen of Green Valley has taken him completely by surprise. So... what’s a maniacal mastermind to do?

Likely, the last thing you expect.
Thoughts on Beard Science: I can say, with absolute sincerity, that I never expected to love Cletus Winston as much as I did. Which is silly, really. I mean the guy's a low-key mastermind genius who hides his canny mind behind wild hair and absent-minded looks. WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE? Sure, he has (more than) a few diabolical irons in the fire and some of those plots aren't all that nice (helllllo, leprosy), but...I LIKE THE WAY HIS MIND WORKS.

And watching Jennifer befuddle him was absolutely amazing.

I simply adore watching good men fall hard for women who match them in every way.

Speaking of which, Jennifer was more than a match for Cletus. But first she had to get through the issues holding her back and figure out a way to stand up for herself. Honestly, Jennifer's plight got me on more than one occasion. Especially when she seemed to unaware of how bad it was. Cletus's ability to draw Jennifer out and make her see the world from a slightly different angle was brilliant.

Heck, Cletus is just brilliant. I'm sure he'd agree with my assessment.

Bottom line: My full-bore love for the Winstons has made me ridiculously happy. And I'm DESPERATE to see the other brothers find their HEAs now.

No comments:

Post a Comment