Monday, August 21, 2017

(Dis)content by Melissa Haag [Review]

(Dis)content by Melissa Haag
(Dis)content (Judgement of the Six #5) by Melissa Haag
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 23, 2017

Judgement of the Six
1. Hope(less)
2. (Mis)fortune
3. (Un)wise
4. (Un)bidden
5. (Dis)contentPaperback | Kindle
6. (Sur)real

Judgement of the Six Companion Series
1. Clay's Hope
2. Emmitt's Treasure
3. Luke's Dream
4. Thomas' Heart
5. Carlos' Peace

Melissa Haag
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I hate. I thought I hated before the letter, before the werewolves, but now I understand that was nothing more than a chip on my shoulder. The urbat took what was mine. They will pay.

Isabelle leads a very normal life...for an emotional syphon. If not for Ethan and his bar, she would have lost her sanity long ago. But everything changes with the crash of her fighting cage and a man who transforms into a wolf. There’s something about Carlos—when he’s not growling at her—that makes her do things she wouldn’t normally do, like sigh and daydream.

Attraction aside, she is faced with the very real evidence that werewolves and urbat exist, and the urbat are after her. And the only way she can keep Ethan safe is to join with the werewolves and Carlos. It’s a race against time to stop a war, fight for love, and find the last Judgement.
Thoughts on (Dis)content: As the end of this series grows closer and closer, I have NO IDEA how things are going to eventually play out. I mean, I'm going to guess things end up well for our heroes, but HOW they get to that point is poking me with a stick something fierce.

So. Isabelle and Carlos. She sucks emotions out of people and had to get physical to release the effects of being a syphon. He's...well, we still don't know much about him. Carlos is our mystery. Intensely controlled, he's Isabelle's haven when things get too rough.

Buuuut it takes a while to get to that point. Because when you're a woman who can steal aggression and anger and fear and love, it takes time to earn your trust. It's only Isabelle is taken to the edge of her abilities that she goes all in with the wolves and the Judgements anyway.

Let me tell you, the edge is pretty intense. Heck, Isabelle is pretty intense. Carlos is an excellent foil for her and I'm ITCHING to get all of his story. I want to see what's in his head. Deep waters and all that.

Only one Judgement left. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment